Menu
Tuhao, let’s be friends!
Nov 14, 2013 03:08
  • ZOEY
Some Chinese learners might be familiar with these Chinese words “Guanxi”, “Dama” and “Hukou”. Another Chinese word called “Tuhao” have been very popular among Young Chinese people. I think you should learn about this word.

Here “Tuhao” refers to those rich people who are lavish of their money. It also can be used as an adjective. Apple started to sell its new IPHONE (5S and 5C) in late September. The new CEO of Apple adds a brand new color “Champagne” for IPHONE 5S’s. Some Chinese Apple fans named champagne color as Tuhaojin. They believe that Cook uses champagne IPHONE to please Chinese Apply buyers. It actually worked. The champagne IPHONE 5S were sold out just in one hour after they were put on the shelves on September 17. Since then, those Apple fans have had to wait for 2 to 3 weeks if they want to buy champagne color ones. A champagne IPHONE 5S was even sold more than 10000 RMB.

Here is another phrase “Tuhao, Wo Men Zuo Peng You Ba (let’s be friends).” It ‘s excerpted from a dialogue between a Tuhao and an eminent monk.

Tuhao asks: “Master, I am very rich now. But I am unhappy. Can you tell what to do to make me happy?”
Monk says:”How do you define RICH?”
Tuhao answers: “I have eight figures deposits in my account and three apartments in Wudaokou area. Don’t you think I am a rich man?” (A square meter is worth 50000 to 100000 RMB. He has three apartments with a total area of more than 200 square meters. In other words, his three apartments are worth 100 to 200 million yuan.)
Monk didn’t say a word but spread his hand to him.
Tohao suddenly laughs and says “Master, do you imply that I should learn to be thankful and repay back to the society?”
Monk says “No, no, no. Can we be friends?”

It’s sarcastic. The monk shouldn’t have been interested in the money matters.
Post a Reply to: Tuhao, let’s be friends!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code