Menu
How to apply for permanent residence for child born outside China
Nov 17, 2013 12:57
  • ARTHURCHEW
My wife is a Chinese citizen and our child was born outside China. Is it possible for us to obtain a permanent residence in China for our child?
Nov 17, 2013 19:54
GUEST6934
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARTHURCHEW

My wife is a Chinese citizen and our child was born outside China. Is it possible for us to obtain a permanent residence in China for our child?

I am afraid that it will be difficult for you to do that. Since your child's mother is a Chinese citizen, your child can be a Chinese citizen too (if you want him/her to be a Chinese). Then your child won't needn't worry about the resident permit issue.

You may read this page to learn more about the permanent resident permit.
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/permanent-residence-permit.htm
Nov 18, 2013 03:02
GUEST36763 Thanks for the reply. If I got you correctly, I don't have to even apply for PR for my child since my child is considered a Chinese citizen by virtue of the mother being a Chinese. If that is the case, do I need to register my child with any Chinese authority, since the child is born outside China and has yet to acquire a Chinese birth certificate
Dec 13, 2013 02:07
  • ADALUO
hi, friend!! It is necessary to register in the local police station. The local police station is the child's mother's hometown. Chinese can't have second nationality.
Ada
Post a Reply to: How to apply for permanent residence for child born outside China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code