Menu
train sleepers
Dec 2, 2013 01:00
  • DOFR
Can someone tell me what is the train hard/soft sleepers ?
Do they have a cubicle room for the bed bunks? And how many people are there in the cubicle bed ?

Can someone share their experience travelling in a train in China for 10hrs and above and any food or drinks on sale during the long journey ?

Is their bed bunks clean and comfortable? Thank you and hope some people can share their experience with me of the train transport from Guilin to Jishou/Liuzhou.
Dec 8, 2013 02:51
Dofr,

There are usually six bed bunks in one hard sleeper room but just four in the soft sleeper room. You can see that there is much more space in the soft sleeper room. By the way, the soft sleeper room has a door which creates a private space for you.

Generally speaking, the conditions in the soft sleeper is much better than the hard sleeper. Of course, it costs more for a soft sleeper. If you buy a hard sleeper ticket, better avoid the upper berth. It's uncomfortable to sleep there. The middle berth is OK. The best one is the lower berth. However, some people might prefer the middle berth because it's private.
Dec 9, 2013 04:42
  • DOFR
thank you for sharing.
Dec 9, 2013 19:20
GUEST0568 I just had a trip to Shanghai and Suzhou. The air conditioners on the train works fine. I couldn't stand the heat and fall into sleep. You know, the air conditioners are too close to the lower berth. If possbile, I think you should choose the upper berth in the soft sleeper.
Dec 11, 2013 00:15
  • DOFR
Thank you for sharing again.
Dec 22, 2013 21:05
GUEST45933 On the train you can buy snacks, fruits, drinks (even beer). Also, you can buy lunch and dinner (it was 20 or 30 rmb, I forgot), it was ok. There are also hot water, you can make your own tea or whatever. Trains are clean, people more or less respect sleeping time.

I found hard sleeper very comfortable. I prefer middle berth, feels safer to leave my things there, while I am away.

Post a Reply to: train sleepers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code