Menu
I am rich. I have money but I don't like giving tips.
Dec 18, 2013 02:19
A Chinese who migrates to the USA writes what he saw in Philadelphia on his blog. A Chinese businessman just walked away after he ate a bowl of noodles. He just forgot one very important thing, giving tips. The waiter followed out and reminded him of giving tips. The man was angry. He walked into the noodles restaurant, threw one hundred bucks on the table and then shouted “I am rich but I don’t like giving tips. Here is one hundred bucks. Just take the money and shut up!”

The waiter was embarrassed. He gave the money back to the man and asked him to leave quickly. The man took back his money and left. Before he walked out, he kept shouting “I am rich. I have money. Don’t look down upon me!” All customers at the noodles restaurant were astonished.

What do you think of guy?

Jan 4, 2014 11:05
GUEST92131 This is a questionable behavior and unfair to the hard working waiter.

In the USA, waiters rely on tips as supplementary income because their base salary is relatively low. The idea is to make a waiter the best he/she can be, to get better tips. But every once in a while, a customer like this person comes along, a cheapskate, so stingy not to leave a tip. Shame on him.

Jan 5, 2014 20:44
GUEST7784 He hasn't become a real American. I think he still misses days when he was in China because tips are not required in PRC.
Post a Reply to: I am rich. I have money but I don't like giving tips.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code