Menu
What do you think of safe haven for abandoned children?
Dec 24, 2013 02:12
  • JIMMYB
The safe haven has become one of the most popular words in 2013. The Ministry of Civil Affairs has launched a trial in some major cities of mainland China. The safe havens have been built in these cities for those abandoned infants in order to guarantee their right to live. However, it has aroused discontent among the public.

Some people believe that safe haven will encourage more and more parents to abandon their children. According to the report, the safe haven in Nanjing has received more and more abandoned infants. Most of them suffer from serious illnesses. Probably, that’s why their parents abandon them because they can’t afford to cure them.

In China, those parents who abandon their children have already committed a crime because such a behavior is against the Chinese law. However, I have heard that there are safe haven laws in the world. Such laws allow the parents to drop their babies at certain location namelessly. Of course, they won’t be charged. The existence of the safe haven laws is to guarantee the abandoned children’s right to live.

Do you think it’s a good idea to build safe havens?
Dec 24, 2013 10:35
  • CRIF
I think its a good idea. If parents can't afford the treatment expenses,they are gonna die anyway. Poor children, I feel so sorry for them.
Dec 24, 2013 19:56
  • CHERRY07
I think most of parents wouldn't abandon their children if they can take care of them. But some parents are iron-hearted. They just don't want babies.
Post a Reply to: What do you think of safe haven for abandoned children?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code