Menu
Dangerous SMOG??
Dec 26, 2013 05:59
guestNewTraveller What has the smog truly been like in Beijing, Shanghai and Shandong? I have been reading a lot of scary things about what the smog can do to health and getting sick. What's going on over there? I may need to wait to travel, wait for things to get better health wise! What are your thoughts on this?
Dec 28, 2013 20:37
GUEST69903
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTNEWTRAVELLER

What has the smog truly been like in Beijing, Shanghai and Shandong? I have been reading a lot of scary things about what the smog can do to health and getting sick. What's going on over there? I may need to wait to travel, wait for things to get better health wise! What are your thoughts on this?

I don't think it is a good idea to travel in the cities where the smog attacks. At the beginning of Dec., I visited Shanghai and experienced heavy smog there. It made me throat sore even I wore a mask.
Dec 29, 2013 19:22
GUEST08720 Is there a smog in Shenzhen now?
I want to go to Shenzhen from Hong Kong airport without entering it Is there a way?
Thank you
Dec 29, 2013 20:30
GUEST5794
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST08720

Is there a smog in Shenzhen now?
I want to go to Shenzhen from Hong Kong airport without entering it Is there a way?
Thank you

The air quality index is around 108. It is classed as "Light pollution". The PM2.5 is around 80. I think you can go there unless you care about PM 2.5 too much.
Dec 31, 2013 23:54
  • GRIZ326
Smog is not good for you. But unless you are sensitive to the particulates or the gases, it is the long-term effects that are hazardous. Short-term effects are generally minor discomfort.

I state this as a former resident of Pittsburgh, PA when the steel mills were in full production. A day in town then would hurt my throat and nasal passages, but I'd clear up quickly. People who lived near the mills all their lives generally died of cancer or other ailments in which air quality could be a contributing factor.

Jan 1, 2014 17:24
GUEST92131 Living in smog is like smoking 2 packs a day.
Post a Reply to: Dangerous SMOG??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code