Menu
Digital cams
Apr 13, 2004 14:17
  • GENTLE
Will digital be able to operate under the cold weather conditions in Harbin, especially now?

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!

Apr 13, 2004 14:18
  • KAREN
Please don't worry about it! I had the same anxiety as yours before. But mine worked as usual under the cold weather condition.
Generally speaking, the digital camera has its working temperature range. And you can get some information about it from its instruction.
But as I know, the digital camera can bear the cold. Otherwise, how can we enjoy the beautiful pictures photographer takes.
So take it easy! Be cautious to take good care of your digital equipment while enjoying the Harbin Ice Latern
Festival.

Also Merry Christmas!
May 8, 2004 05:10
  • AOPAQ
The only thing you really have to worry about with using digital cameras in cold weather is that the cold really drains your batteries much quicker than normal. So be sure to take a spare set and pack them close to your body so they stay warm until you put them in the camera.
May 9, 2004 09:31
  • DAISY
Really! I also met this situation. I charged battery full last winter. But only about week passed, it was out of power! Cold indeed drains battery more quickly.
May 15, 2004 02:55
  • AOPAQ
I should also mention that if you are in a very cold area, it tends to be quite dry. Therefore, if you then bring your camera inside where there is lots of moisture in the air (especially if cooking is happening), then you can get condensation on, and possibly in, your camera. Getting moisture like this in the camera is probably not that great, especially if you have a really expensive digital one. A way to alleviate any potential problems is to carry a ziplock plastic bag with you and put the camera in this bag prior to going inside. Once the camera warms up to room temperature, you can then remove it and there should be no problem.
Post a Reply to: Digital cams
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code