Menu
14 days trip to China in April 2014
Jan 13, 2014 00:31
guestManish Golchha Hi Frineds,

We are planning 14days trip to China in the month of april. We are 10 people from India. We are thinking to start our journey from Beijing, stay for 3N there and then move to Xian, stay for 2N there and then Chengdu, 1N stay then move to Guilin 2N stay there and then finish our trip at Guangzhou, stay for 2N. We are thinking to train from BEIJING TO XIAN TO CHENGDU TO GUILIN TO GUANGZHOU, so our 3N will go overnight at Train.

We want to know....

1. Is it feasible to see so many places in such a short time ?
2. What all must see places at all these locations ?
3. We are Vegeterian, so do we face lot of problem from food aspects?
4. Should we book hard seat or soft seat for trains?
5. Is April good time to visit China ?
6. Are we doing mistake by not including Shanghai ?

Appreciate your help to plan our wonderful trips

Cheers
Manish Golchha
Jan 21, 2014 02:57
  • JIMMYB
1. Well, I think it's possible for you to visit the must-sees in these cities.
2. In Beijing, you should visit Forbidden City, Great Wall and Hutong. In Xian, Terra-Cotta Warriors and Horses, Shaanxi Provincial History Museum and City Wall. In Chengdu, Panda Base, Wuhou Memorial Hall, Wide and Narrow Lanes etc. Guilin is famous for its natural scenery of he Li River. You might spare a day to visit Yangshuo and experience the drift on the Yulong River. Guangzhou is a modern city and you can have a night cruise on the Pearl River.
3. I think you might find some veg restaurants in big cities like Beijing, Xian, Chengdu and Guangzhou. In Guilin, there are many local snacks, especially rice noodles.
4. As for train, I think it's better to take sleeping softh berth. Hard berth is ok. But there are just four persons in a soft cabin and six in a hard berh cabin.
5. Generally, April is ok for you to visit Beijing, Xian, Chengdu and Guangzhou. It's better for you to visit Guilin in summer.
6. Shanghai is usually a must-see for those who come to PRC for the first time. It's probably the most developed city in China. If you come to PRC for the first time, I think you should go there.
Jan 21, 2014 03:13
GUEST05253 Thanks Jimmyb.
Post a Reply to: 14 days trip to China in April 2014
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code