Menu
Which one is your favorite?
Jan 21, 2014 02:02
  • ICEBERG
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 17 vote(s)
  2. 1 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
The first dish I learnt to cook is Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes. I prefer to add some sugar, salt, five-spice powder and minced shallot when I cook this dish. I guess that some people have no idea about the five-spice powder. It’s actually a mixture of five kinds of spices including star anise, cloves, Chinese cinnamon, Sichuan pepper and fennel seeds.

The reason why I add some sugar is that I can’t stand the sour flavor of tomatoes. The sweetness of sugar can soften the sour flavor and makes this dish more delicious, in my opinion. The minced shallot is added when the dish is ready, which makes this dish fragrant.

Seriously, northern Chinese don’t add sugar when they cook scrambled eggs with tomatoes but southern Chinese do add as much sugar as they can. Then a war started on the internet between northern and southern Chinese netizens. Northern netizens can’t imagine the flavor of sweet and sour eggs and tomatoes while southern Chinese netizens can’t imagine how northern Chinese eat sour tomatoes.

It seems that I successfully combine northern and southern cooking methods in cooking scrambled eggs with tomatoes.
Mar 15, 2014 04:21
  • DAVEC
I prefer just salt although if I get the dish in a restaurant here in UK it always has sugar, westerners like sweet stuff
Post a Reply to: Which one is your favorite?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code