Menu
Visa Z
Feb 26, 2014 15:57
  • BL45
Hello,

I've just accepted a teaching job at an international school in China. I was looking over the work visa Z application and was hoping someone could answer a question. Under criminal history: I was arrested for criminal mischief back in 1993 and received deferred adjudication. minor offense. Should I check yes or no on the application? Does that come up when Chinese run a back ground check?
Feb 26, 2014 20:08
GUESTI9O04 If you read another post on this forum, you will find that most people checked no when they filled the forms because they didn't want to make trouble in their applications. Of course, some people who checked YES got their visa at last. So it's your choice.
Mar 13, 2014 13:13
  • KEONI888
Have you requested your own criminal history/record check from your home country?

Many employers will request that you provide a notarized official copy of your criminal records. They call these by several names - e.g. Letter of Clearance, Police Clearance, Criminal History Record Check.

Many places even offer these record checks online.

You may want to pull your own record. Depending on whether or not this offense appears on your record may help you decide how you want to answer that question on the application.

Good luck!
Mar 15, 2014 21:40
  • SILVERPLATE
you can get a criminal background check in China from an agency. This is rather meaningless as it only says you didnt do anything in China while you are here, but it seems to work for the application.
Post a Reply to: Visa Z
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code