Menu
Help a 老外 :)
Mar 31, 2014 00:43
guestlaowai Hi there!

I will be going to China for the first time this summer for one month to travel around and have an amazing time. I have a few questions regarding the Visa application process. Feel free to answer what you can and ignore whatever else! Thank you kindly.

1. I would like to return to China next year for the Spring Festival, should this be enough reason to obtain a "multiple entries for up to one year after date of issue" Visa?

2. I'm going to the PRC Consulate in Chicago, I've found mixed information on whether or not they can mail your Visa back to you (I live in Michigan), does anyone know if they can/cannot?

3. Under the "Supporting Documents" required for a tourist (L) visa, it states I need proof of round trip airfare. Well, I'm paying for my ticket to China (I have the proof), but the company I work for in the US is paying for my return flight. They will not issue me a ticket until a couple of weeks before I leave China -- what to do about this??

Lastly, I mostly plan on couch surfing/sleeping on trains etc, definitely no set-in-stone hotel reservations, what to do about this since the "Supporting Documents" says I need 'Hotel Reservation' proof?

Again, thank you so much for any help you may be able to offer!
-laowai
Mar 31, 2014 00:54
GUEST76T3 Hi, they usually don't ask why you apply for the multiple type. If you haven't been to PRC before, I am afraid that you have very little chance of getting a multiple type.

The consulate doesn't accept mail application according to what I know. So you should submit your application on your own or ask your friends and families to hand in. They can also pick your visa up when it is ready.

If you have difficulty to provide the round- trip air tickets and hotel reservation, you can ask your company to send you an invitation letter. It's easier.
Mar 31, 2014 01:01
GUESTLAOWAI Thank you so much for your response! Actually, since I plan on travelling from Guangzhou to Hong Kong a few times during my trip I believe will need a multiple-entry visa, correct?

Thanks again,
laowai
Mar 31, 2014 05:01
GUEST89893 Yes, but it's difficult to get a multiple one in fact if you haven't been to PRC before. The rules don't specify that the applicants must have good visa records. Those have no visa records or never been to PRC can hardly acquire the multiple type.
Apr 13, 2014 08:06
  • GAFFER
I think you will have a problem with "registering" your presence in China. Usually there are two options for visitors. 3* + hotels should have the facilities to register on your behalf. If they don't then they probably will not accept foreign guests. If you are staying in private accommodation you need to present yourself and the person you are staying with at the local police station within 24 hours. (48 in rural areas). You will then be provided with a temporay residence permit. This will prove rather tedious if you are travelling as will explaining why you don't have one if you get stopped.
Post a Reply to: Help a 老外 :)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code