Menu
Child Support in China
Apr 3, 2014 13:35
guest71182 Hello, I am going to be leaving for China soon to teach English.

I owe child support to the tune of $500 a month, which I do not plan on paying from China. I plan on getting a Z visa and then a residency permit. I plan on staying in China indefintely, possibly for the rest of my life. I am not currently in arrears on the child support.

I am aware of a US law called the Passport Denail Program..in which they will not give a passport to someone who is more than $2,500 in arrears. Fortunately, I already have a passport, and I'm not currently in arrears. So I shouldn't have any problem getting to China. The problem will be, after the fifth month, I will have reached $2,500 in arrears and my passport could be revoked or invalidated at that point.

My question is: How would this effect my ability to stay in China? How often does a residency permit need to be renewed? Would they check the validty of my passport at the time they renew the residency permit? Or the visa? Or does the Vuisa even need to get renewed if you have a residency permit? What other documents do I need to live indefinetely in China, and would the revocation of my passport pose any problems?

Please, I really need some advice on this topic. Also, please don't lecture me on my obligations as a father...the child will be very well provided for, and will have a great life. This thread isnt meant to debate child support or ethics...please just answer the question. Any sincere advice or knowledge on this topic would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
Apr 5, 2014 23:02
GUEST788936 It depends on how long resident period you will be granted. Since you have the Z visa, usually the resident permit is as long as your contract finishes. Yes, your passport should be provided when you renew your resident permit. Its validity is taken into consideration.
Apr 14, 2014 00:54
  • GRIZ326
You're leaving the USA to evade a legal obligation and are seeking accessories to the crime?
That's brilliant!

May 5, 2014 02:35
GUEST01619 Passports expire, when your current passport needs to be renewed the Embassy will refuse since you will be over $2,500 in arrears on your child support. Once your passport expires you either return to the USA or live in a legal grey area and quite probably will have trouble maintaining your Chinese paperwork [as you will no longer have a valid passport to present].

At best your buying a few years to ignore your support obligation, and the problem will be much worse when you come back.

You should consult with an attorney, likely you can petition to modify your child support to be more realistic with your new income.
Aug 23, 2016 01:27
GUEST10574 Scum absolutely in my opinion. Sounds like your trying to avoid payment. The mother of your poor sperm did not create the baby by herself.
Oct 4, 2017 09:49
GUEST23152 You need a 2nd passport from another country. The idiots from the US will tell you that there is some moral obligation to support a child you are legally forbidden from seeing and you must send money continuously... to the mother... who is preventing you from seeing your child. Paying a kidnapper you see is a moral obligation and those who ransom your children are morally superior to you and you are bad if you cannot generate enough cotton to appease massa on the plantation. All of this was run through the political system to create the "passport denial system" which is a database of social security numbers of people who are in arrears of child support. In practice this means you cannot leave the United States unless you have "massas permissions". If that sounds like I am talking about slavery from the antebellum South it should. The way this was passed was to pretend that the only reason one would have for leaving the US is because of a vacation when in fact those who want to leave tyranny were being forced to stay - much like those in East Germany circa 1970 or the Soviet Union, Cuba, etc.

Explore your family roots. If you have family from abroad get that second passport and be free. You will not be able to ever get citizenship in China unless you have Chinese parents so don't bother. Peace.
Post a Reply to: Child Support in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code