Menu
Visa problem for Indonesian Girlfriend
Apr 21, 2014 00:05
  • LEEAL1
Hello all.
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I live and work here in Shenzhen, China. I really like my job and I love living here in Shenzhen. I have an Indonesian girlfriend who I would love to come and live with me here in Shenzhen. Im not sure how we can make this work. So my question is, would she be able to get a Visa to come and live with me here? I would look after her so she would not need to work. If its not possible, I would have to leave China because she is an important part of my life. Thank you for any advice you can share. By the way, i am from Scotland originally. Have a great day.

Lee.
Apr 21, 2014 01:02
GUEST86367 Leeal1,

If you want her to stay with you, you'd get married with her. Then she can apply S type and stay with you for long time.

Apr 21, 2014 01:15
  • LEEAL1
Thanks for your reply. I definitely want to marry her in the future. but i would like to bring her here soon (2-3 months) and we will not be married that quickly. is it possible to bring a girlfriend here permanently or is getting married the only way?
Apr 21, 2014 21:51
GUESTJOE Hi, it is impossible to bring your girlfriend to China permanently, but she can apply for a short term visit visa to stay with you for one month to 3 months (the duration of stay depends on the embassy). So, you can send her an invitation letter and copies of your passport and residence permit and financial support (your bank statement) for her application.
Apr 26, 2014 06:40
  • JACOB222
Yeah dude it is possible when you get married with her then it is possible that she is eligible to stay with you otherwise its not stay with you...
May 18, 2014 16:32
GUEST92129 With all due respect, why should China care about or give special dispensation for the status of a girlfriend of an ex pat?

As stated, you can get married and she can apply as your spouse, or,
she can simply apply for a tourist visa like any other foreign applicant relative to the Chinese terms for foreign/Indonesian citizens.
Post a Reply to: Visa problem for Indonesian Girlfriend
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code