Menu
Chengdu in Oct
May 27, 2005 23:09
  • DJDOUGLASS
I'm from Washington State USA and am coming to Chengdu in October with a group from here. I'm interested in knowing:
*average temp in Oct
* best way to get to Panda area near Chengdu
*are there internet access places available in the city? both where you can use a computer that is provided as well as where you can bring your own.

Thanks,
Donna
May 28, 2005 12:00
  • DAVIDWONG
The temp will be about 25 degree to 30 deree.
You'd better emploee a Chinese guide if you want to visite the Panda area.
There are many internet bars and the Hotel will offer this service. more information you can write email: 163.com|huangdenggui best wishes
May 28, 2005 22:57
  • DJDOUGLASS
David,
Thanks very much for the info. I appreciate it very much. I'm really excited about coming to China and am particularly interested in the pandas. Our group will be going there but I may want to return when we're in Chengdu. I'll arrange for a guide.
We're using Chengdu as a central place and then taking several trips in the province. Our leader is a Chinese woman who is an acupuncturist here. She is connected with several of the Chinese universities and coordinates trips to China for friends. She is a Tai Chi instructor as well, some of our group are practitioners. She is coordinating with Chengdu travel folks.
We're spending 17 around Chengdu and then 3 days in Beijing before we head home.
Regards,
Donna
Jun 28, 2005 02:24
  • ROGERINCA
Hi Donna, I saw your post and I thought I would reply...I have traveled to China two times last year and I will go to Chengdu in September or October of this year. September and October are the best months for Chengdu, minimal rain, minimal fog, and more moderate temperature, not too hot !! They call Chengdu the "Italy of China" because of the relaxed lifestyle and the focus on the famous regional cuisine in the city and the Province, which is now in Pinyin, Sichuan VS. the old Szechuan spelling that you find in most American Chinese restaurant menus. There is so much history in and near Chengdu !! One of the oldest communities in China (over 3,000 years in recent excavations there) and of course, the famous "Hot-Pot" !! If this is your first trip to China, please know you will have a wonderful time and in just two days, you will feel so much at home. Also, China is so very safe for the western traveler !! The Chinese people are so freindly and remember, people are people.....It does not matter if America or China, people respond to those who are friendly and positive in their manner. I cannot wait to return and I will plan on traveling to China every year from now on, I am so addicted to this great country !! Have a great time !!!!
Jun 28, 2005 03:19
  • ROGERINCA
P.S.

Donna, an added thought, I was upset after just now reading another post here, a long rambling essay by another individual, which did not leave the correct impression of China or Chengdu......
China is a very clean country !! I think it is cleaner than many places in America and it is surely more clean than other places in Europe or in nearby Mexico !!! I have never become sick or ill while visiting China and I found the hotels, the restaurants, the streets, the restrooms, the parks, all to be immaculate and very clean. Moreover, the people are very clean, and I think cleaner than many Americans !! Example: I visited a Pizza Hut Restaurant in Nanning last year. I was amazed at how spotless the restaurant was, like in a hospital here, and how immaculate the worker's uniforms, and hair and entire persona appeared. I wrote to the corporate office here in the USA and told them of my observation and also told them that I wished my local Pizza Hut restaurant in my city, was at the same level of cleanliness and service and quality of food, as it was in China!! There is no trash in the streets and no bad odor in the air..... So do not worry about any postings that are not kind,or are negative, they are written most likely by persons who cannot appreciate and understand how wonderful and beautiful, China really is :) :) Chinese people are very proud, and very intelligent, and very wonderful and very clean !! Again, as a fellow American, I can assure you, you will have a wonderful time and experience in China !!!
Jul 8, 2005 01:10
  • JABAROOTOO
Sorry couldn't help but reply to your posting. I'm living in China and please don't get me wrong, it's an incredbily beautiful country and I love it here most of the time but I'd have to say China is one of the biggest rubbish dumps in the world and I hope you eat in some of the other 'local' style restuarants around town besides "Pizza Hut". Spotless and clean, you must be kidding yourself.
While I will concede that Chengdu is one of the cleaner cities, it's best to let visitors judge for themselves whether or not things are cleaner here than they are in other countries. I'm not American either but one of the things that offends me the most here is the way almost everybody drops all their litter on the street for others to clean up. And there are places where there are no cleaners on hand. As for no smell in the air. Well I'll just leave folk to smell for themselves. It makes life interesting anyway. Open your eyes and look around, breathe deeply next time the sky is not clear blue overhead.
Aug 27, 2005 14:20
  • DJDOUGLASS
Thanks very much for your information. I think that the trip to Chengdu will be totally wonderful. I am so looking forward to it.
Regards,
Donna in WA state
Post a Reply to: Chengdu in Oct
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code