Menu
Will you watch someone beaten to death or take actions to save his/herlife?
Jun 2, 2014 22:05
  • JIMMYB
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 5 vote(s)
  3. 4 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A girl who ate at a McDonald’s in Zhaoyuan, Shandong Province was beaten to death by a bald man and his five accomplices after she refused to give her phone number to the bald man. It’s reported that all of the attackers have taken apart in an evil cult called “All-Powerful Spirit”. So far, the bald man and his five accomplices have been caught.

A heated discussion around this tragedy has been discussed on the internet. When the bald man and his accomplices beat the woman, no one ran to the attackers to stop them though someone called the police. Some people left the McDonald’s immediately when the incident happened. However, some people didn’t go. They witnessed the woman beaten to death.

Those who watched the victim beaten to death were blamed for doing nothing to help her. However, some other people don’t think they should be blamed. When you were confronted with this situation, would you run into the attackers to stop them without hesitation?

A Chinese guy analyzed that ordinary people would have hesitated at first and then have gone when they were confronted with this situation. This guy also asked himself some questions:

1. If I shouted “Let’s stop them” and then ran into the attackers, would other people follow me to stop the attackers? I couldn’t take down five adults alone.
2. If I hurt the attackers, would I have been required to compensate them?
3. If I beat some of them to death, would I have been sent into prison?
4. If I got injured, would I have paid for my medical treatment on my own?
5. If I was disabled or beaten to death, would my families have been taken good care of?
6. If the attackers were powerful to escape the punishment, would they have taken revenge on me?
Last edited by JIMMYB: Jun 2, 2014 22:06
Jun 11, 2014 19:16
  • GRIZ326
I've done foolish things and been lucky, Jimmy. That's why I'd say that I'd try to help.

In the USA, I'd have a gun.
In China, I'd have only my cane for walking.

I surely wouldn't worry about those other things because if I did, I'd do nothing.
Jun 11, 2014 20:31
  • JIMMYB
Griz,

If the girl has a gun in her hands, she wouldn't have died. However, she would have died surely if the devils who asked her phone number have guns. If they both have guns, a battle would have occurred. There wouldn't have been audience who stood there and did nothing. They were afraid that they were shot to death.

The saddest thing is that there are no detailed regulations or laws that have been established to protect those who help others. If there was the law, I wouldn't have hesitated if I were there. I would have taken a chair and smash the guy's head even though I would risk being beaten by them.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Jun 11, 2014 20:46
Jun 11, 2014 20:34
  • JIMMYB
Griz, a friend of mine experienced a similar situation. He found a thief was trying to steal a lady’s purse on bus. Then he warned the lady and fought the thief. The thief cut his arms and ran away. All other passengers on the bus didn’t give him a hand. He walked to the hospital alone and burdened the cost for treatment. The lady he helped neither said “Thank you” nor went to the hospital to see him.

He stayed for 3 days in hospital paid 2000 RMB for the treatment. When he got back to work, he asked if his company could help him apply for the working safety insurance. The one who took care of these things went to the related government department. The staff there said he wasn’t qualified for the working safety insurance. However, they could help him to recover his loss. The premise is that he could provide the testimonies from the lady and the police station. He couldn’t provide them because the lady disappeared and the police station refused to offer a testimony.

As you can see, he was injured for helping others. However, the one he helped had no gratitude for him. My friend was totally disappointed. He said he would never be a hero if he encountered similar situations.

Another incident just occurred a month ago in Xian. A lady was stolen on a bus but she caught a thief. She lost around CNY 5000 that belonged to her company. She asked for help from other passengers on the bus, but no one helped her. Then she implored the driver to drive the bus to the police station which was just 500 meters away from the scene. The driver did but the thief menaced that he would revenge on the driver if he sent him to the police station. The driver was scared so that he opened the door and let the thief run away.

The lady cried but still insisted that the driver should come to the police station with her. At the police station, the driver told the police that he was willing to give CNY 2500 to the lady because he opened the door and let the thief run away. However, he added that he was really scared at that moment. The thief knew which bus he drove. It’s easy for him to take revenge.

What makes us so selfish? What if we encounter the same thing? Maybe, we should pray that we never encounter these things.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Jun 11, 2014 20:36
Jul 3, 2014 02:30
  • GRIZ326
There is a cynical saying in America: "No good deed goes unpunished."

If you think about helping a person in danger you do nothing.
If you act on the courage within you, you may make a difference.
There is often a price attached to a moment of bravery.

Kyle Carpenter recently received the USA Medal of Honor. He sustained serious physical injuries that will require attention for the rest of his life. Today everyone honors him, but most Americans will soon forget. He'll be just another man then and no one will care about his troubles. That is sad.

There are unsung heroes all over the world who often pay a price for a moment of great courage. Perhaps their only reward is the knowledge that they did something to help when no one else would.

The world would be a better place if we all could find our inner courage.
The failure to face the moment with courage is cowardice and shame.
Jul 4, 2014 22:43
GUESTTANGERINE7 The worst is the witnesses join the attacker. This is insane but it happens. The causality turns out to be that the attackers will be attacked in the end, the better way for the beaten ones is ''carrying gun'' as a 'level field player'. It applies to women and men today...

Post a Reply to: Will you watch someone beaten to death or take actions to save his/herlife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code