Menu
China Masterplan (Macau - Nanning)
May 29, 2005 00:49
  • GAZ07
Hey, what's up...

After admitting to myself i won't be happy until i've seen as much of china as possible, i've devised this masterplan...

Macau - Hong Kong - Guangzhou - Changsha - Shaoshan - Wuhan - Nanjing - Suzhou - Tongli - Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huang shan - Qufu - Beijing - Chengde - Datong - Xi'an - Luoyang - Yichang along the yangzi to Chonqing - Chengdu - Leshan - Lijiang - Dali - Weining (Cauhai) - Huangshua - Guilin down Li to Yangshuo - Nanning (if theres a vietnam embassy) to Vietnam....

***takes a breath***

OK, heres why i'm posting,

REASON 1
I'll only have a few days in each place (i'm at souzhou already with only 6 weeks left), so if you have any tips (for anywhere after Suzhou) they'd be appreciated. Is there a specific hostel you would recommend? Place to visit or not to visit? I'm pretty much on a typical backpacker budget, (so recommending the Ritz-Carlton to me would be as useless as *** on a nun!)

REASON 2
If you'd like to know info on where i've already been, don't hesitate to ask. Watch out for my reviews - they'll include practical info so by the end of my journey i'll have created a mini guide for y'all! Although i've only done macau so far...

Thanks ^_^
May 29, 2005 09:59
  • VIATURATI3
Hi. I'm sorry to say with 6 weeks you are NOT likely to make it... Calculate the time you have to spend on the way! And 2-3 days for Beijing and Xi'an is definitely not enough.
I understand that you wanna see as much as possible but travelling is not about being somewhere and leaving, but to enjoy and have a real feeling about something. (But I have been doing like you 'cause when on the way I just cant help it. =P)
I dont think you need others to tell you what to visit and what not to. It is your own trip.
In Lijiang, Dali and Yangshuo it is not difficult to find cheap hostels or guesthouses. They are all along the street.
In Guilin and Xi'an youth hostel could be an option.
There are lots of hostels in Chengdu but the city is big so you will need some research.
I'm from Nanning but that is also why I dont know too much about hotels there... The most popular one among tourists is facing the trainstation, Ying bin Hotel. And yes there is a Vietnamese consulate.
May 30, 2005 22:58
  • GAZ07
Thanks for your reply,

Actually i've found finding a decent place to stay is the most difficult part of my trip here so far.

I wasn't asking people to plan my trip either, just throw ideas at me thats all... no replys though, heh...

And yeah your right, although i'll try my best i'll have to cut things out unfortunately :( Maybe next time :)
Jun 6, 2008 06:18
  • GANDACARISSA
Hi! We gonna this month in Macau for 3 days, is there any possibility to visit also other places like in hongkong or china? i heard it that with the boat or the cruise you can hop in someplace in China or in Hong Kong. Please let me know...

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!!!
Jun 6, 2008 12:40
  • ELLYSE
Unless you want to go through all the hassle and cost of obtaining a China visa, please do yourselves a favour and limit your trip to Macau and Hong Kong.
Post a Reply to: China Masterplan (Macau - Nanning)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code