Menu
Need transpo information
May 31, 2005 02:12
  • STUNNER
Hello guys. I will be on Beijing next week and probably we'll stay there for 3 days and after that i will be going to shanghai via train. The problem is, i dont have any idea about the train sytem in china. How many train lines are there in beijing? I will be staying on Winterless hotel. How will i get to the train station? Please help. Thanks in advance guys.
May 31, 2005 10:02
  • KETCHUP
The train in China can be divided into three main categories - seat(hard seat, soft seat), berth (hard sleeper, soft sleeper), I suggest soft sleeper for such a long journey, I don't know how many people will travel with you, but if you can make four, that will be great to buy a compartment which includes four beds, or you will have to share it with strangers.

Be sure to take toilet papers with you.
Jun 1, 2005 09:24
  • VIVEN
Yes, but some train does not have soft seat. most trains have three kinds: hard seat (the cheapest), hard sleeper (upper, middle, lower), and soft sleeper. The soft sleeper is comfortable, but expensive. It's enclosed, with larger room than hard sleeper.
You can buy ticket at the train station, or at agency office which charge you five yuan as the fees. You can take taxi to the station where every taxi driver is very familiar with.
Post a Reply to: Need transpo information
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code