Menu
Looking for transportation informaiton from Xian to Shiyan.
Aug 31, 2014 01:01
  • BLUETAHOE
Hello there!!

I arrives in Xian (airport) about noon time and plan to go to Shiyan from there. I want to arrive in Shiyan on evening the same day. Any one can guide me a detailed logistics on this trip?

If it is possible, you can click the "SEND MESSAGE" and we may exchange Skype (or QQ) for messenger chat.

Thanks in advance,
Last edited by BLUETAHOE: Aug 31, 2014 01:04
Aug 31, 2014 21:06
GUEST7904 BLUETAHOE,

There is no long distance bus from the airport to Shiyan. You should take airport shuttle bus to Xian Railway Station. It takes you to Jiefang (Liberation) Hotel. After you get off the bus, please walk in the opposite direction to find Shaanxi Xian Bus Station. There you can take bus to Shiyan. It departs around every an hour from 07:30 to 18:00. The ticket fare is CNY 129. It takes 4 to 5 hours.
Aug 31, 2014 22:32
  • BLUETAHOE
Thank you for your reply and it helps me a lot to plan my trip. I will follow your suggestion.

One more question if you don't mind ... how about train to ShiYan? I just feel that train is more safer (^^) than a bus. But if I have to, I have no choice but taking a bus.

Thank you again!!
Sep 1, 2014 01:23
GUEST7904 Bluetahoe,

There are trains from Xian to Shiyan. But it takes longer time, 5 to 7 hours. Considering of your schedule, you may try to catch two trains that depart at 14:34 and 20:11. In fact, I am afraid that you may not catch the train that departs at 14:34. If you catch the one departing at 20:11. It will be too late when you arrive in Shiyan.

The express way between Xian and Shiyan was opened in 2009. It's safer and faster if you don't encounter traffic jam on the express way.
Sep 3, 2014 00:52
  • BLUETAHOE
Again ... thank you for your quick reply and it helps me a lot. It looks like a logical way is to catch a long range bus from Xian to Shiyan.

Again, thank you for your help!! If you are in Xian locally, we may able to meet for a cup of tea so something ^^ I am due back to Xian on 9/13 (expect to arrive in sometime 5 - 6 p.m.) from Shiyan.
Post a Reply to: Looking for transportation informaiton from Xian to Shiyan.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code