Menu
Single Father moving to Dalian - Info needed
Jun 2, 2005 11:02
  • CHINCHOO
Hello freinds - Please Help.

I am a single father moving into Dalian with a four year old Daughter. I very badly needed some information and hence am trying to solicit information here..

Few questions on Dalian
- Do I have lot of options for English speaking day care centre and how much do they cost,

what is their timing ? (I am non native speaker but for her age, my daughter speaks better english than a native child)
- How expensive would be English speaking (or not) governess for my daughter who can stay with us (or work from 8 in the morning till 8 in the night with weekend off)
- What is the range of price for a Motor Bike or a entry level car
- How is the range of price for the rental for a 2 bed room appartment (modest/good)
- Any special precautions warnings that would be applicable to my special situation

Any responses would be warmely appreciated.
Jun 8, 2005 16:28
  • BRIGHT
hello,

most questions are for your 4-year-old daughter. well, i don' t know where you'll work in Dalian. As i am a local, i think i can help you much.

the best double language kindergarten is in Haichang City, a community near my house for rent. they can teach your daughter in 2 languages and if you like, you can send her from 7am to 8pm or later. the price is 700/month, if you are sure to stay for half a year, the fee will be lower. as for governess, i think i can help you. ;)

well, if you rent a 2bed room apartment in the Haichang City, the price will be so high to 50,000~80,000 a year. however, my house is much lower than that with the same things in the house. you can take a comparison.

the above is all i can help you. though i can drive, i still don't think i need a car, so haven't one yet. if you need more information or help, feel free to contact me.

my phone number is 0411-81791240.
Jun 9, 2005 23:09
  • CHINCHOO
Thanks for the input. I have sent you a pm on the location of my work. Any inputs on the cost of living in Dalian ?
Jun 15, 2005 13:05
  • BRIGHT
where is the pm you sent to me?
Jun 15, 2005 15:46
  • DEE0228
on the left of the page, there is a msg box and you can check pm there.
Who can tell me does PM stands for personal message or private message?
Jun 30, 2005 11:48
  • CHINCHOO
Hi all,

Due to some expense freezes I would be landing in only by August. Hence is there a time period when admissions to kindergarten would be administered ? When is the normal school opening months in Dalian for the academic year begining ?
Jul 1, 2005 09:25
  • DEE0228
Normally the academic year begins in September
Post a Reply to: Single Father moving to Dalian - Info needed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code