Menu
Marrying a Chinese girl and bringing her to visit America?
Nov 26, 2014 23:54
  • MAESTROARIAS
I'm an American living in Beijing and wish to marry my Chinese fiance. We wish to live in Beijing for another five years or so but I'd like her visit my family in California. We tried to get a travel visa and she was denied. We were then filling out the fiance visa but was told I had to be living in the US. We would just like to get married anyways since we are in love and have been together for going on 4 years. If we marry can I apply for a marriage visa for her just to travel? I had no idea it is for her to visit the U.S.
Dec 13, 2014 02:15
  • MAESTROARIAS
I found out the answer to my question since apparently, this question has stumped everyone. I learned that one should apply for a marriage visa only if you are ready to move to the US. In regards to the Fiance visa, there are technicalities that one may be able to hurdle but it's difficult to get a fiance visa if you are living abroad. it is best to apply for the marriage visa within 2 years of the actual date you wish to move back home to the US. FYI
May 9, 2015 02:21
  • PYGRANT
Why don't you marry her in China and then go through consular processing for her green card (immigrant visa or CR-1)? She can then visit the US whenever she wishes. That is what I did (though we did the consular processing in Seoul because we were in Korea at the time)
May 24, 2015 08:19
GUEST92131 Good answer from Pygrant.

Homeland Security is denying all applications that look weak, suspicious, fraudulent or "for profit". A couple that is willing to go through the hoops to show their love, commitment and truthfulness is finally accepted. Not fair, but that's the way it is.

If you were in charge, would you do anything differently? I doubt it.
Jun 9, 2015 01:50
  • HENI_TANSERI
that's her dream and purpose to come to america and get green card by marrying foreigners, aihya....foreigner guys, don't be fool of it.

Jul 10, 2015 16:02
  • MAESTROARIAS
We went through the hoops and are finally being rearded. Thanks.
Jul 10, 2015 16:03
  • MAESTROARIAS
Looks like you've been jilted or have been screwed. Sorry it didn't work out for you. We're happily married now, in love, traveling and enjoying life.
Post a Reply to: Marrying a Chinese girl and bringing her to visit America?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code