Menu
Do you like or hate Chinese tourists?
Dec 15, 2014 00:58
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 9 vote(s)
  2. 3 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Four Chinese tourists took a flight (FD9101) from Bangkok to Nanjing on Dec. 11. When they boarded on the plane, they found out that their seats were not together. Then they asked the flight attendants to change their seats. Finally, two of them sat together and the other two sat behind.

Just a while after the flight took off, the young man sat in front asked a flight attendant to fetch some hot water because his girlfriend wanted to take some pills for airsickness. The flight attendant explained that there wasn’t hot water because the flight just took off. The young man became irritated so that he threw nutshells and food to the floor and started trampling over the nutshells and food. Passengers around them tried to persuade them to stop. He didn’t. Instead, he was swearing loudly and claiming that he was going to bomb the airplane. A few minutes later, a flight attendant brought him hot water and told him that he needed to pay THB 60. The young man paid for the hot water and insisted that the flight attendant should give him the invoice. Meanwhile, he required that the captain should make an apology to him.

The flight attendant turned around and left. Suddenly, the girl beside the young man soused the flight attendant with hot water. The flight attendant cried. Then the purser came and asked the girl to apologize to the flight attendant. If she refused, the airplane would fly back to Bangkok. The girl refused to apologize.

The young man seemed to realize that they made a serious mistake and tried to persuade his girlfriend. Suddenly, his girlfriend stood up and smashed the window with her hands, saying “I am going to jump”. The passengers around her stopped her. After a while, all passengers were informed that the airplane was going to land one hour later. Although it didn’t mention where the airplane would land, the passengers realized that they would go back to Bangkok.

After the airplane landed, the police and ground crew boarded the plane. They didn’t force the four Chinese passengers to leave immediately. The young man’s girlfriend rested on the bench inside the waiting hall for 20 minutes and then they were taken away together with the other two Chinese passengers by the police.

According to the police, four Chinese tourists flew back to Nanjing on December 13. They were required to compensate the flight attendant THB 50000. Because they violated the public order, the young man’s girlfriend was fined THB 200. The other three passengers were fined THB 300.

The above is translated and excerpted from a part of a Chinese news report.
Dec 15, 2014 00:59
As a Chinese, I feel ashamed for what the four Chinese tourists did on the airplane. I understand that they didn’t represent all Chinese tourists. However, some of Chinese tourists didn’t behave properly when they travelled abroad.

During this National Day Holiday, I had a group trip to Thailand with my families. Our trip was arranged by a local tour agency in Xian. When we boarded the plane, we found out that almost all passengers were from Shaanxi Province. When the plane took off, some of us unfastened their safety belts and then talked loudly in a circle. Just in a second, the airplane became very noisy. I even saw the flight attendants frowned. Apparently, they were not happy. It was nearly 00:00 when we arrived at our hotel. Still some of us shouted loudly in the corridor. It seemed that they didn’t know other people were asleep.

You know, Chinese tourists prefer to go shopping when they come abroad. Our last destination is the King Power Tax-free Shop. After shopping, we were arranged to enjoy a buffet there. I saw many tourists heaped their table with food. However, they didn’t eat all the food. Prawns, fruits and other kinds of food were left on the table. What a shame!

When I talked my Thailand trip with my friends, one of my female friends said that she went there before. When she entered the dining hall, she saw a board with a sentence written in Chinese “请不要大声喧哗 (Please don’t talk loudly)”. She blushed and felt ashamed. Why was the notice written in Chinese only? Because they knew that Chinese people talked loudly in public.

Besides, she told me that all foreigners love and hate Chinese tourists. They like Chinese tourists because Chinese tourists are generous. They buy many things including luxuries. They hate Chinese tourists because they are not well-mannered. They speak loudly in public, spit, litter and smoke everywhere and even damage the tourist spots.

I have to agree that some Chinese tourists don’t act properly when they are abroad. However, not all of Chinese tourists behave so badly.

What do you think of Chinese tourists? Do you like and hate Chinese tourists?
Post a Reply to: Do you like or hate Chinese tourists?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code