Menu
How long in advance should I buy ticket from Xi'an to Urumqi?
Dec 22, 2014 07:52
guest39186 Hi I will be travelling to Urumqi from Xi’an in the middle of January next year. Will it be hard to get a train ticket during this time? Is it possible to get a sleeper berth (I don’t mind hard sleeper) 2 days before departure? I only have 3 weeks in China so waiting around for another week to get a ticket won’t be much of an option. Thanks!
Dec 22, 2014 19:59
GUEST5648 GUEST39186,

My suggestion is that you should buy the tickets as early as you can. You know, train ticket pre-sales period has been advanced to 60 days. It means that you can buy your ticket right now. The earlier you buy the ticket, the higher possibilities that you have to get the sleeper tickets.
Dec 22, 2014 22:42
  • CNASSISTANT
It will be even hard to get a just seat ticket unless you are really lucky. just check the official online tickets office, most tickets are sold out.

I will suggest to buy right away including your return ticket. when its time close to school winter vocation & Chinese new year festival. train ticket issue is really a big deal in China.
Dec 22, 2014 22:56
GUEST12568 Thanks for the reply! Do you have any recommendation which online booking agent in english that is reliable? Since I don't speak mandarin (I heard the official ones are only in mandarin) and hardly know anyone who does.
Dec 24, 2014 00:57
  • SOLOTO007
Hello there,

I'd like to land a hand for your tickets, please send me a message or drop me an email to soloto007#yahoo.com; or contact me online via skype: bruce.tsao, thanks!

Dec 26, 2014 01:23
  • MISSEDEN
welcome to VISIT China.
Chinese new year is coming.
There will be a big crowd everywhere during your visiting time in China.
Enjoy your travelling, overseas friends
Last edited by MISSEDEN: Dec 26, 2014 01:27
Post a Reply to: How long in advance should I buy ticket from Xi'an to Urumqi?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code