Menu
TRAVEL GUILIN YANGSHUO
Jun 4, 2005 07:10
  • JESSICA83
HI My name Is Jessica. I will be backpacking in China wihth my friend for 2 weeks. We are planing to arrive to Guilin June 20th at 9.30 pm and want to go to Yangshuo. But we have some qeustions:

1. Any recomendation for a Hotel in Guilin? ( we are traveling with a budget)

2. Where can we buy the ticket to take the Li River Cruise? what are the times it departs? and how much does it cost?

3. Where can we sleep in Yangshuo?

3. We are planing to do in Yangshuo the bicycle trip on our own, any suggestions the best route to take? how about the bamboo rafting? and we've heard of some caves that are worth seeing in yangshuo but we can't find any information about this.

4. Should we also spend one day visiting Guilin? what are the best things to see in Guilin if we are only staying for one day?

5. When is the earliest bus from Yangshuo to Guilin?

6. And finally, anyone have some idea of a volunteer program that is taking place in Yangshuo or Guilin that we can go and help?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
JESSICA
Jun 4, 2005 12:00
  • VIATURATI3
1.There are 2 youth hostels in guilin, one of which is really well located.

2. Don't know. We went to Guanyan Cave first then took a private boat (small nice boat not the huge tourist stuff, but it is officially illegal). People will come to you and talk.

3. Yangshuo, especially on the West street, is pakced with guesthouses and hostels. they are cheap, too.

3. It is easy to get the map for the bicycle trip. I didnt do any caves there.

4. Guilin is not bad it is worth a day if you have the time. the ancient city (now the campus of guangxi normal university) is nice, as well as a walk along the river and 2 caves (most famous ones), Qixing and Ludi.

5. Dont know but I'm sure it is earlier than the time you can get up.

6. It is not hard to find an english teaching possition. i'm not sure about other programs.

Everybody in Yangshuo speaks english and there are other thousands of foreign tourists so you can always find information and help. To be honest when in town you dont even feel like in China.

cheers,
yan
Jun 4, 2005 23:29
  • JESSICA83
Hey YAn
Thank you very much for your e-mail.
by any chance do you know the name of the really well located
hostel in guilin?
Thanks
Jessica
Jun 5, 2005 00:59
  • VIATURATI3
Sorry I remembered there was one by the river but it seems that it's been shut down. However, there is a new one just right facing the train station. and guilin is quite small so transportation is not a problem.
Post a Reply to: TRAVEL GUILIN YANGSHUO
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code