Menu
DAY TRIP
Jun 4, 2005 07:27
  • JESSICA83
HI My name is Jessica. I'm planing to go 2 weeks to China with my best friend. We are planing to saty in Shanghai from June 27 to June 30. We need some help:
1. What are the best things to see in Shanghai
2. WE are traveling with a budget, but we are two girls, and clean hotels are important. Any recomendations for a hotel?
3. We are planing to do a day trip some where near Shanghai, any suggestions? we've heard taht Suzhou, Tongli and Hangshou are nice places to visit, but we only have one day.
4. The best way to get around Shanghai?

Thank you very much
Jessica
Jun 6, 2005 11:06
1.the best thing is going to be the spectacular view of the "yesterday and today" of Shanghai.You can go to Pudong where you can stop at jinmao Tower, ther worlds thirs tallest building,for a breathtaking panorama of the city. See the former colonial concessions along the bund. Take are stroll along the twisting alleyways of old Chinatown and visit Yu yuan Garden. Xintiandi, a restored area of the site of the 1st national communist party congress, and also visit the impressive Shanghai Museum.
2.Check out youth Hostel on net.
3.Su zhou will be your first choice for a day trip.
4.For a totally stranger.Rent a car with driver. But if you are in budget. Make sure you could use bus and metro.
Jun 6, 2005 11:49
  • DEE0228
1.Try out Shanghai Museum,Xintiandi and Yuyuan Garden. if you like shopping, you can not miss Shanxi Road and Huaihai Road.
2.live in a Youth hostel and better to make a reservation
Caption YH and Pujiang YH are most famous and both have good locations. you can also find other accommendations from this site:
http://www.cheap-hostels-in.com/shanghai.htm

i had a similar experience with my best friend years ago. we went to Beijing and visited a lot of great places. So i know what you are looking forward to must be a wonderful trip:) Hope you can have a good time!
Post a Reply to: DAY TRIP
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code