Menu
Suzhou, the Venice of the East
Feb 21, 2015 02:51
guestDani Hi All,

I visited Suzhou with a friend from Wuxi. After reaching Suzhou main station, there were lots of local tours offered day trip with moderate price ( 180 yuan) for a visit to 5 attraction sites. All Sites fees were covered and they take you in a nice tour bus. All the draw back is that the guide were speaking Chinese only & lunch was included . :)

As my friend is Chinese we decided to take to So we decided to take the tour where he can translate what the guide said . we decided to visit Humble Administrator's Garden, one of the most famous Garden in China. Hanshan temple, Feng (Maple bridge) which is very famous throughout China due to this poetry :
""Crows call as the moon falls on a cold night, one is sleepless while looking at maple trees afar and flashing lanterns on fishing boats. The chilly bells of Cold Mountain Temple at midnight on the outskirts Suzhou fly to the passenger boat."

Then continued with FenqQiao old town, Suzhou Silk Museum ( where you can buy nice silk souvenir , and ended walk in Shantang Street with a cruise in Water Canal.
I made short video of the trip below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnQ22X3Kd1k

Before 6.00 pm the tour dropped as back to the Main station. it was worth the money.

I suggest to those visiting Shanghai & HangZhou, not to miss Suzhou ( 100 km and only less then an hour with G-train from Shanghai), as the city really holds its name as "venice of the east"

Hope it helps, please leave comments :)
Feb 21, 2015 05:23
  • SERENA07
Hi Dani, your video is wonderful! I like it very much! I like Suzhou, too,especially the classical gardens.
Feb 22, 2015 00:39
GUESTDANI Hi Serena,

Thanks a lot for the appreciation. It's really nice to visit Suzhou, and there are lots of local tours in Main Station at a fair price.
next time i'll try get to tiger hill :)
Apr 6, 2015 21:56
  • GRLDMCADAMS
Hi Buddy, I saw your video and its pretty cool. And I'm with you saying that Suzhou is the Venice of the East. Suzhou indeed pretty god place to visit with.
Post a Reply to: Suzhou, the Venice of the East
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code