Menu
Sichuan travel question
Apr 13, 2004 15:37
  • SHER02
Hi Mr/Mrs,

I'm an oversea HK Chinese. I'm planning to visit Chengdu in late-June for 6-7 days from Hong Kong.
But I'm more interested visitng Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong and Leshan.

My questions are:

1)Is it possible to travel these 4 places during my six days visit?

2)How long does it take to travel Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong and Leshan from Chengdu? by train, bus or domestic plane?

3)Is it possible to travel to Dali or Chongqing if I have spare time (1 day for instance)?

4)I'm worried about the weather since I'm fond of taking photographs. I know weather is unpredictable, but is June/July a good month to travel? Is haze a problem in Sichuan?

I deeply appreciate your help and suggestion.

-Sher
Apr 13, 2004 15:44
  • NIHAOCINA02
[:Hi Mr/Mrs,

I'm an oversea HK Chinese. I'm planning to visit Chengdu in late-June fo::]

Hi ! Well, i don't think you can cover all these places in 6 days, I mean maybe you could. but you are gonna be rushing all way along..
You can fly to Jiuzhai guo,huanglong, i guess.. and Leshan is around one hour bus drive away from Chengdu..
Umm you can actually cut off Leshan.There is nothing but the giant buddha. I am sure there is much more to see Jiuzhai gou and huanglong.
June ,July is definitely the best time to vist there. So do not worry about the weather.
If you have some spare time! why don't you visit Lijiang instead of Dali or chongqing ?My point is you can fly directly to Lijiang from Chengdu.and Lijiang is much more interesting than Dali,believe me! i have been those places before..anyhow.. you are welcomed to my travelpage if you need more Info.
www.virtualtourist.com/nihaochina
Good luck
May 18, 2004 23:44
  • STEF
6 days are too short to enjoy yourself.
taking a bus to jiuzhaigou will take you one day,and i'd better stay there at least for 3 days.
traveling from chengdu to lesha will take you about 3 hours,and have a travel in leshan about oen day.lijiang is even farther,but it really a good place to enjoy your holiday,and i am planing to go there.
i am studying in chengdu,if you need any help,touch me:yahoo.com.cn|iamhere924
May 23, 2004 01:50
  • SKYTOUCHER
My friend:
I am local Chengdu people, I've travelled all the places you mentioned above. How to arrange your time in these places must cosider your situation. If you travel with all your family including kids and old, 4 days will make all of them too tired, but if you are young and full of energy, no problem. To get to Jiuzhaigou never take buses, because the road condition is not so good, and june or july is rain season, heavy rain may cause damage to road, maybe it will take you aound 8-10 hours to arrive Jiuzhaigou from Chengdu. You can take plane now, fast and convenient.
Some things you must know before the trip:
You can not stay in Jiuzhaigou in the night, so you must get in it at the morning then you can have a full day's enjoyment, really unbelivable scenes. It means you must arrive one day earlier.
For the high altitude, some one may feel uncomfortable(normally not very serious). The ultraviolet radiation is VERY STRONG.
I am afraid Leshan or Lijiang can not be travelled at the same time with out good luck and full energy.
Any further promblem you can contact me with this email ustc.edu|cr_sky. I'd glad to help you.
May 29, 2004 13:01
  • CINDYCINDY
do u find a good place to stay in cheng du?
sim's cozy guesthouse!Why is different? Run by a Singaporean and Japanese couple,a backpackers oasis.
Post a Reply to: Sichuan travel question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code