Menu
Visiting Beijing alone
May 4, 2015 17:26
Hello Guys! Was wondering if any one can offer some advice. I'm a 24 year old girl travelling to Beijing on 16th of May (so two weeks time) and I was just wondering how easy it is to get around in Beijing?

For example is catching a Taxi from the airport pretty simple? I visited Chengdu in September last year and found it was a little difficult and me and my friend did get hassled a bit but because we were together it wasn't so bad. Are the Taxi's pretty reliable?

Thanks! :)
May 4, 2015 20:42
GUEST4995 Christina,

It depends on when you arrive. If you are unlucky, you need to queue up for a bit long time for taking the taxi. Sometimes, the queue might be several hundred meters long.

If you are not in a hurry, I think you should take the airport shuttle bus to reach to the downtown area and then catch a taxi to your hotel/destination.
Jun 23, 2015 01:49
  • NEHOW
Getting a real taxi at the airport is very simple and safe. Most taxi drivers will know the major hotels. For metro, it easy to get around Beijing everything in the subway including the announcements are generally in English. Have a map with you, you can always point at things.
Post a Reply to: Visiting Beijing alone
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code