Reallocation to Jiangsu - Various Questions .
May 12, 2015 02:19
I am scheduled to relocate to Jingjiang City,Jiangsu Province,P.R.China for about a year to work in a Shipyard . I will be entering with a Z-Type Visa .

1. What type of visa I should get for my Wife Who will be accompanying me , M or S1/S2 ? After entering china and converting my Z type visa to resident visa , i have to apply for my wife's resident visa .

2. My wife is about 2 months pregnant now . Is there any travel restrictions known ? How is the Medical Facilities particularly Gynecology service around Taizhou region ? Is there an English Speaking Doctor available ? Which Hospital is recommended for foreigners ?

3. Accommodation will be arranged by my employer . How can I get an Ayi ( Maid ) preferably English Speaking ? How much it cost ?

4. How is the availability of Indian grocery around Taizhou region ? Should I Pack some grocery from India ?

Thank you all for valuable inputs

May 12, 2015 21:34
GUEST5547 1. S1 and S2 are both OK. If you plan to let your wife stay longer, then S1 is your best choice. In order to help her acquire S1, you should go to China first and change your Z type to resident permit. Then you need to send her an invitation letter together with copies of your passport information page and resident permit.

For her, your marriage certificate is required. She’d better have your marriage certificate certified by your Ministry of Foreign Affairs first and then get it authenticated by Chinese embassy. This is required when she changes her S1 into temporary resident permit.

2. Your wife is ok to take the plan, according to Chinese airline requirements. However, I still think you should confirm this with the airline you fly with.

I am afraid that it’s difficult to find a hospital that provides medical help to foreigners only. Usually the doctors can’t speak English. Perhaps, you might visit Taizhou Maternity and Child Hospital and see if it meets your requirements. According to my knowledge, such hospitals are specialized in maternity. However, I don’t know if there are some doctors who can speak English very well.

3. You can ask your employer to help you recruit Ayi. I think the salary isn’t cheap since you require one that can speak English. I searched on the internet and find that the average salary is CNY 2000 to 3500 for ordinary maid. If you want to find someone who can speak English and be able to take care of your child, then I think you may pay CNY6000. Just my guess. Anyway, you can ask help from your employer.

4. It’s possible to find some Indian restaurants. But I am afraid that you may not find Indian grocery easily. It will be much better if you bring things from India.
Post a Reply to: Reallocation to Jiangsu - Various Questions .
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code