Menu
Shanghai to Xian to Chengdu by train
May 26, 2015 16:58
guest18444 My husband & I are arriving in Shanghai this coming December after 12 days touring from Beijing. We want to travel from Shanghai to Xian & Chengdu by bullet train & then back to Shanghai for our flight back home to Ireland. What would our best route be & also how long would we need in each of these destinations please. Any help very appreciated. Many thanks
May 26, 2015 22:04
GUEST3235
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST18444 View Post

My husband & I are arriving in Shanghai this coming December after 12 days touring from Beijing. We want to travel from Shanghai to Xian & Chengdu by bullet train & then back to Shanghai for our flight back home to Ireland. What would our best route be & also how long would we need in each of these destinations please. Any help very...

There is just one bullet train from Shanghai to Xian. It departs at 22:00
and arrives at 08:36. The whole train journey is 10 hours and 36 minutes. The second class ticket costs CNY 338.

From Xian to Chengdu, there is no bullet train. You can take K and T trains. It takes 15 to 17 hours.

In Shanghai, I think you may spend at least 3 days. In Xian, 2 days are enough. In Chengdu, you may spare 3 to 4 days. It's easy for you to take bullet train to visit Leshan Giant Buddha.
Jun 11, 2015 19:06
GUEST64223 Many thanks for your reply it's very much appreciated.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Xian to Chengdu by train
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code