Chinese Lady and Foreign Couple wanting to have a baby
May 31, 2015 05:31
guest96318 Hello everyone,
I will just try my luck if anyone can give me an advise.

I am living in China (working) for more than 7 years.
Me and my Chinese Girlfriend had been in a relationship for almost 4 years now.
Though her parents and relatives are against our relationship; but my girlfriend chose to be with me.

We are planning to have a baby which we think that would change the thinking of her relatives and parents. But we are worried of the baby if born here in China will not have the China ID. And she doesn't want to born our baby in other country.

Any advise, please do voice it out and we would really appreciate it. Tnx!
Jun 1, 2015 21:38
GUEST67835 If she gives birth to your baby in China, then your baby is automatically acquire Chinese nationality. The only problem is that you may not have the Hukou (Household Registration) for your baby easily.

Yes, it's true that your baby can register his/her Hukou with your wife. However, if your girlfriend's Hukou is with her parents, then it will be difficult for you both to register Hukou for you baby. You know, since her parents are against your marriage, they may not give the Household Book to let you register Hukou for your baby.

Personally, I think you and your girlfriend should visit local police station to consult how to register a baby's Hukou in your situation. If local police station couldn't answer your question, then I think you should visit city-level police station.
Jun 17, 2015 21:29
GUEST76131 I can help you. my skype:ayapolo.sales
Post a Reply to: Chinese Lady and Foreign Couple wanting to have a baby
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code