Menu
going to china august to marry and work
Jun 16, 2015 18:20
a few questions but its been puzzling me, i am from los angeles 23yrs of age going to chengdu to marry my girlfriend and i havent booked the ticket or gone yet to the chinese embassy , how many days am i allowed to stay in china before i book ticket? i am planning to get married in September and departing from LAX on august or so what documents should i take with me and prepare here (china visa and marriage related)and is there things i should avoid saying when i go to the office in downtown LA (Chinese embassy) while in process of my visa.

thank you so much
Jun 17, 2015 21:56
GUEST7890 Hey, take it easy. I personally think that you can try to apply for the 10 years L type. It allows you to stay every 60 days. The requirements are the same as usual L types. If you don't have the invitation letter, you need to provide round-trip air tickets and hotel booking. But I think you may ask your GF to send you an invitation letter together with a copy of her Chinese ID card. Then you needn't worry about the flight ticket.

Even you just get a 30 days L type, you still don't need to be worried. You just need to go to local entry and exit management bureau at least 7 days in advance before you L type expires. There you can do an extention to acquire another 30 days. After you get married, you can try to apply for Q1 type if you plan to stay with your wife in PRC for long. However, you should understand that you can not work with Q1 type. If you plan to find a job, then you should change your Q1 into Z type.
Post a Reply to: going to china august to marry and work
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code