Menu
accommodation inside the Jiuzhaigou National Park
Jun 19, 2015 22:53
guest01701 Hello!
me and my husband are from Australia and planning to visit the Jiuzhaigou National Park at the beginning of August 2015. I've heard that there are accommodations inside the Park that are run by local people and we are interested in booking one of those. Anyone has previous experience and can give us suggestions?
Thanks for your help and time.
Regards,
Beatrice
Jun 22, 2015 03:43
  • NEHOW
I suggest Qian He International Hotel. Just 10 min walk to jiuzhaigou scenic valley. Hotel is clean and nice.
Jun 22, 2015 21:44
GUESTMARTIN guest01701,

You are correct. You can find local guesthouses at Shuzhengzhai (Shuzheng Village). It says that a bed costs around CNY200. However, there is a big risk. Next morning you go out of the guesthouse, you might meet some black men who suits. They will check your entrance ticket.

You know, the entrance ticket is valid for only one day. If you accommodate inside the valley, of course your ticket is invalid next day. Once they catch you, you will be required to pay CNY90 for taking the sight-seeing buses. Some travellers even claim that they pay more than CNY90 per person.

So you need to be prepared for being fined. Personally, I don't think you need to book your accommodation in advance. When you visit these shops in Shuzheng Villages, you can talk to the shop owners if they can provide accommodations. You don't need to be worried that there is no room when you arrive because most travellers just have a one-day tour to visit the valley.
Jun 23, 2015 06:01
  • BEABEA
Hi NEHOW, many thanks for your suggestion! We are more interested and curious into booking one of those local accommodations inside the Jiuzhaigou National Park, do you know any of them? Thanks, Bea
Jul 22, 2016 05:48
GUEST64174 Dear GUESTMARTIN,
sorry, I miss to reply to you. Thanks for your suggestion!
We have been sleeping inside the National Park and did not have any problem ... thou, I think we bought the ticket for the second day as well so not to be in problem with security guards.
I have to say, to leave the park on the second day took us more than 1 hour with all busses stuck in a big traffic jam! ;)

To anyone who would like to adventure to sleep inside the park, I suggest "do it! it's beautiful experience!"

Thanks to everyone for their help.
Bea
Jul 22, 2016 19:59
GUEST40882
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST64174 View Post

Dear GUESTMARTIN,
sorry, I miss to reply to you. Thanks for your suggestion!
We have been sleeping inside the National Park and did not have any problem ... thou, I think we bought the ticket for the second day as well so not to be in problem with security guards.
I have to say, to leave the park on the second day took...

Hi, where in the valley have you stayed? Is still any guesthouses inside?
Jul 24, 2016 22:03
  • BEABEA
Dear Guest40882,
I could find a guesthouse inside the national park via an online B&B service and I rely on it because they could speak English, but I'm sure there are many others that can speak English too but are not up yet with online booking.
I've heard, you can just enter the park and visit those houses, enjoy their services and ask them for a room. I saw many were extending the original house and other were just building a big new one, so there must be plenty of space where to sleep by now!
Not sure if from where did I booked it, if it was at hostel.com, booking.com or airbnb.com, I tried many at that time since I really wanted to have the experience to be inside and the first I could get I booked.
... and YES, we bought two entry tickets to be fair and legal with the park policies ;)
We didn't want to risk to be sent out by the guards because we already understood it is a very big park for which you need 2 full intense days if you wanna see all of it by walk!!
Cheers,
Bea
Post a Reply to: accommodation inside the Jiuzhaigou National Park
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code