Menu
What postage service is secure within China?
Aug 2, 2015 21:36
  • DONS
My wife and I will be visiting friends in China in October. One of our friends may not be able to meet us in Beijing and it is not possible for us to go to her.

We are bringing gifts. If this girl can not meet with us, is it safe to mail a few US coins and a bottle of expensive French perfume to her? She will be getting married before we arrive, so we may have a red envelope with a couple thousand yuan in it. What mailing service is reliable for this? We will mail it from Beijing to her rural city.

If there is a risk she will not get it (I am disturbed by the number of tracking requests on this board), can anyone recommend a way to safely get these gifts to her?

Aug 3, 2015 07:26
  • WSHAN
Hello,I am a university student in Beijing.Abuout your question,I advice you can mail your gifts by ShunFeng Express.This company has a good reputation in express industry.
As for your red envelope, I advice you to use WeChat to send it on the network.

Do you know WeChat?

If you have other question,you can contact me by email 126.com|buxiangbei.
Aug 3, 2015 21:46
GUEST677898 Dons,

Shunfeng Express is good. But I don't know if it can reach the rurual city where your friend stays. If so, you can use it. Otherwise, you might use EMS service. Anyway, you should wrap the perfume very well because the couriers might just throw it when they transport from place to place even though you have Fragile Lable on your package.

And it's unwise to send money via post service. You know, they are irresponsible for the loss of your money because money isn't allowed to be posted.

As wshan suggested, you might use Wechat to send her "red envelope" to her if you both have Wechat on your phone. Otherwise, ask her to give you her bank account and you wire the money to her. However, I am afraid that she may not give you her account because it's impolite.
Aug 7, 2015 00:20
  • DONS
Thanks for the answers. We use Wechat and QQ. I'll see what services go to her town. I did send her some books from the US and they arrived in 5 working days but the postal cost was high.

I hope she can meet us in Beijing and I can hand her the gifts. I'll only mail them if she can't make it.

It may be worth it to see if Western Union has offices in her town. It may be easier than getting a bank account number.
Post a Reply to: What postage service is secure within China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code