Menu
Taklamakan
Apr 13, 2004 15:53
  • MOSQUITO
We are planning a two weeks trip to Xinjiang. Crossing Taklamakan highway to the southern part of desert. Then to Hotan, kashgar, Tashkagran. Any information?

Apr 13, 2004 15:55
  • KAREN
Just been there last octomber! A great trip. I have been to Kasghar and Tashkargan. Very interesting to walk along the busy market, rubbing shoulders with local people. It is amazing to see the snow-capped Kongur and Muztag, and the clear Karakol Lake. The Stone Fortress in Tashkargan in the dusk looks beautiful and worths the trip. We do not have time to meet any local Tajik except hotel staff. It's cold! Bring with you enough warm cloth. One of our friends had Mountain Sickness! Hope this helps.
May 29, 2005 22:14
  • ROLFREUL
Hallo Karen, I see that you have been on the silkroad. I will go their next year, can you tell me is it possible to go by local bus stop by stop around the Taklamakan desert. Normaly I am moving from morning to midday, take a rest, check in in any guest house, look around in the city where I be and move on next, maybe overnext morning. if you have any info, or someone else, please let me know.
Post a Reply to: Taklamakan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code