Menu
Yangtze hydrofoil fast boat - what is the latest news ?
Sep 22, 2015 02:46
guest07239 I tried to search but the last post is already 7 years ago.
Any know if they are still running ?
Some say they stopped since July 2014 but some Chinese forum mentioned certain section or direction is still available. Can anyone help ?
I need to do it between Wanzhou or Fengjie and Yichang with side trip to the Little 3 Gorges and Shennon Stream excursions.
Anyone know what are the available times for.such half day trips ?
I can read Chinese but I cannot type them. If anyone can provide me with Chinese links can also be helpful.
Thanks a million.
Sep 22, 2015 21:34
GUEST00743 According to what I found out, hydrofoil fast boats have been cancelled since the end of 2014. However, Badong-Yichang Route has been resumed since July, 2015. It runs between Badong and Taipingxi in Yichang. I just found out that it departs at 09:00 from Badong to Taipingxi Wharf in Yichang. It takes around 3.5 hours. Unfortunately, I didn't find out when it departed from Yichang to Badong. The boat can only accommodate 120 passengers in all.

Here is another option. You can take long distance bus from Yichang Passenger Transport Center near Yichang East Railway Station to Badong. It also takes around 3.5 hours. After you arrive in Badong, you can take boat from there to visit Shennong Stream.

From Badong to Little 3 Gorges, you need get to Wushan first. There are buses from Badong to Wushan. It takes a few hours. I heard that there were ships too. But I am not very sure about this.
Post a Reply to: Yangtze hydrofoil fast boat - what is the latest news ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code