Menu
How much time do I need before Registering at the police station when arriving on a Z-visa?
Oct 2, 2015 11:47
Hello guys

I am going to apply for a working Z-visa this week in my country South Africa to go teach English in a small city name Chizhou.

The problem I am having is that getting to Chizhou has become quite the mission. Flying to Hong Kong is okay but then I booked a flight from Hong Kong to Xiamen and then booked another flight from Xiamen to Chizhou a few hours apart.

The problem is that it is holiday time in China and flights are fully booked and airlines are having problems so eventually my airlines informed me that my last flight from Xiamen to Chizhou has been delayed for another day.

When I arrive in Xiamen and clear immigration and final enter Mainland China it will still be another 36 Hours before I fly to Chizhou (place of employment) and different province from Xiamen.

I have a hotel booked for two nights in Xiamen for this delay.

My question is, will I have problems with applying for the Z-visa with the embassy? Seeing that after entering Mainland China it will still be around another 2 days before my employer can register me at the local police station in Chizhou.

Please advise where you can
Any help is a great
Thank you so much for your time
Kind Regards
Richard Dapshis

Oct 2, 2015 22:08
GUESTSOURCE Hi Richard, If you are booked in a hotel in Xiamen, the hotel will automatically register you with the police there. You will still have 24hrs after arriving in Chizhou, within which you need to register with the police. Make sure to take the receipt of the hotel stay in Xiamen with you to Chizhou.
Post a Reply to: How much time do I need before Registering at the police station when arriving on a Z-visa?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code