Menu
China Multiple Business Entry Question
Nov 10, 2015 16:08
  • COLIN8651
I applied for a China business visa last march for a visit with a client in Xiamen. My visa is a Category M and M for multiple entries.

I have a new visit with a different client in China and don't know if I need to apply for anything or if I am good to go. Last time I needed a letter from the business I was visiting, do I need to get that letter again?

My visa is marked as good to 2025 and multiple entries, but my password expires in Nov 2016. Do I need to renew my passport if I need to go back next month?

Any assistance is appreciated.

US Passport
Nov 10, 2015 19:43
GUEST79090 Colin, so you hold a 10 years M type? To visit your client next time, you needn't apply for anything because you hold a multiple M type.

Since your passport is still valid until 2016, you can use it with M type on to come back to China next month.

However, I suggest you pay attenion on the validity of your passport. You'd better renew it before expiration. I don't know how long it takes to renew in your country. You just need to leave enough time to do the renewal. Your 10 years M type won't be void after the renewal of your passport.
Nov 11, 2015 09:57
  • COLIN8651
Thank you for the reply, this is what I was thinking. I am still going to get an invitation letter from the company I am visiting in case they ask at the airport, but don't think it is needed.

I am going to get a renewal, but was thinking about doing it when I get back. The passport website says they return the old passport, but I am worried if they don't, I will have to get a new china visa processed and don't want to waste time.

I was confused when they said that it had to have more than a year left. I was thinking they meant to have them process the initial visa, but was worried they meant that you can't enter the country if you have 11 months left, but that didn't make sense to me.
Dec 1, 2015 06:58
GUEST90130 If you are in the USA, they return the old passport, they just punch a hole in it to void it. However, they can't void your Chinese visa, therefore, when you travel to China, you will have to bring your new and old passport with you.
Post a Reply to: China Multiple Business Entry Question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code