Menu
Taiwan Visa for Chinese Overseas flight transfer in Shanghai
Nov 22, 2015 04:01
I'm Chinese who has residence visa living overseas, ready to travel to Taiwan.

I applied for an entry permit (第三方入台证) that was able to get from Taiwan consulate, but will not do a special passport that has to be gotten in China (大陆往来通行证).

Connecting flights with one stop transfer from Shanghai, but I have no idea if this entry permit is enough to be able to do a stop in Shanghai, (without exiting the airport, just transfer in Shanghai). The flight is Dubai - Shanghai(stop only 4 hours) - Taipei

I'm not sure if that the airline people checking the tickets in Shanghai pudong airport could refuse to get on the plane because of a lack of the special passport (大陆往来通行证).

Looking for the right anwsers that I will be ok from Pudong airport flight to Taipei.
Many thanks.
Wendy
Nov 23, 2015 21:50
GUEST678854 I think you should change your route. If you transit in Shanghai, you should have the Taiwan Travel Permit for People from the Mainland (大陆居民来往台湾通行证) and valid endorsement. Otherwise, I am afraid that you may not be allowed to board your plane second leg.

If you fly from Dubai and transfer outside of mainland China, then your entry permit for Taiwan is OK. And you are not required for the special passport (大陆往来通行证).
Nov 24, 2015 01:01
Thanks for your reply
Post a Reply to: Taiwan Visa for Chinese Overseas flight transfer in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code