Menu
Is this acceptable for 72 hours visa free transit?
Dec 14, 2015 23:08
  • 66MODEL
I have an Australian passport and would like to visit my husband in Tianjin for Xmas. I will be departing SYD on QF and will be overnighting in Hong Kong on 24th Dec to maximise my 72hr Transit visa.
Dec 15, 2015 00:58
  • BJLEEO
Quote:

Originally Posted by 66MODEL

I have an Australian passport and would like to visit my husband in Tianjin for Xmas. I will be departing SYD on QF and will be overnighting in Hong Kong on 24th Dec to maximise my 72hr Transit visa. Is this acceptable?

Hong Kong Special Administration Region (HK SAR) has different visa system from China mainland. 72-hour visa free policy is valid in China mainland.

Tianjin is one of the 15 China cities that foreigners can enjoy the 72-hour visa free transit.
Australia is one of the 51 countries that benefit from the 72-hour visa fee transit policy.
The policy will benefit passengers from 51 countries who hold valid international travel documents and joint way tickets with confirmed dates and seats that plan to departure for third countries/regions within 72 hours.

Sydney --> Tianjin (stay at most 72 hours, cannot go to other cities) --> third country (not Australia)
If it is your plan, you can benefit from the 72-hour visa free transit policy.
Post a Reply to: Is this acceptable for 72 hours visa free transit?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code