Menu
query about mobile phone
Jun 15, 2005 10:00
  • CONNY129
It seems that mobile phone is widely used in modern China, almost everyone has each , I wonder weather it is the same situation in western counteries , I'm curious about it .
Jun 15, 2005 10:57
  • VIVEN
What's the situation in western countries? Besides cell phone, Xiao Ling Tong (I don't know how to say it in English), another kind of mobile phone is also widely used. It is very cheap, the same charge with the home phone, used only in your own city. But the signal of Xiao Ling Tong sometimes is not clear, comparing to cell phone.
Jun 17, 2005 09:43
  • ICERAIN
I'm curious about it, too:)
Jun 17, 2005 17:27
  • ELCABRON
It is the same in the West. Especially the youth is crazy about mobiles.

But in China you find more companies to offer mobiles, like Haier, this bird company and some more - next to the global players like Motorola, Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, Siemens.....
You dont know these Chinese companies in Europe(not yet). Siemens just sold their mobile phone production to a Taiwanese company, which can use their name for two more years.

Oh, one big difference:
In China people love to let their phone ring as long and as loud as possible so that everybody can see and hear that they got a mobile. And talking loudly in public is a must, I guess;-)
What about a vibrating alarm? No, it is not popular in China-nobody else can here it!

Wai? Ah,yayayaya is the beginning of every Chinese phonecall!
Jun 17, 2005 17:43
  • CONNY129
haha, you are right in a certain degree ,thanks
Jun 22, 2005 09:46
  • DEE0228
Anybody else?
Jul 23, 2005 14:39
  • XELA
How can I rent/ purchase a mobile phone to use for one month? What would be the best type considering travel in Beijing - Xian - Kunming - Lijiang?
Jul 25, 2005 09:44
  • CATHERINE
I remember there was a post about mobile phone rental in China, you can search it in the forum.
Jul 25, 2005 09:51
  • CATHERINE
Try this site: http://www.tourfone.com/en/public/default.asp
I remember some members in this community have used their mobile phone rental service.
Post a Reply to: query about mobile phone
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code