Menu
Waiting for invitation letter
Jan 8, 2016 04:00
  • DAWNY
Hi,

I sent my documents to my employer in China and am now waiting to receive my invitation letter so that I can go to the embassy and apply for the z visa.

I was wondering: How long should It take for them to get the invitation letter? I need to leave by the 2nd week in Feb, so though it's only been about 8 days since they received everything, I'm slightly anxious.

Thanks!
Jan 8, 2016 21:08
GUESTDAISY Dawny, your employer needs to apply for the invitation letter from local foreign affairs bureau. It takes five working days for them to deal with the application. The key is when your employer submit the application. You should let your employer know your emergency and see if they can get the invitation letter quickly.
Jan 10, 2016 22:33
  • BJLEEO
It takes 2 weeks to apply for an employment license and another 1 week to get a Z visa invitation letter. It is the official time without any delay. Thus it can be longer.
Jan 11, 2016 02:38
GUEST94241 Thanks so much for the replies.

I just found out that my employer submitted the application 2 weeks ago but no news yet. They will check later this week in person. Should I be worried? If there were a problem with it would they have notified us by now?
Post a Reply to: Waiting for invitation letter
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code