Menu
Xinjiang
Apr 13, 2004 16:07
  • DROPS
Hi I,m a Kiwi that lives here in Xinjiang. The most beautiful cities here are Shihezi and Illi (spelling?). Urumqi is a bit of a dog. Very polluted especially in winter
Apr 13, 2004 16:09
  • AUSSIE
am an Aussie on my way to live and work in Urumqui. I've been there before (in the spring!) and what I really want to know is can I buy appropriate winter clothing in western sizes (Female). I mean the kind people wear on the south island of NZ! Sizes are always a problem in China. Perhaps a trip to HK BJ might be in order but I've always felt it was wise to just wear what the local wear--but then again they are used to it! I come from the Sydney's beaches.

Anyway, any advice would be great.

Apr 13, 2004 16:10
  • WOODS
Since you want to open a school in Urumq, you must have been there before? I don't think your
questions are very clear. But i think you must
wander to know if the life is hard or not for teachers in Urumq. The only thing i could tell you
is that Urumq is mostly covered by mountains with west part featured as vast plain area. There are many ethnic groups there. They are hospitable and friendly. Of course, tourist resources are unique and wonderful.
Apr 13, 2004 16:13
  • AUSSIE
will be opening an English school in Xinjiang starting from this May. I'm getting information together about travel and life in Urumqi for teachers and was wondering if anyone who has either been or is living there could help me out.
Oct 12, 2005 01:32
  • LAURIE26
Hey guys!

Guess im pretty new on this forum, but im just dropping a line about Urumqi in winter.

I'm gonna be going to spend bout a week or a week and half in urumqi there, and im just wondering about the flights.

Lonely Planet says that they are pretty erratic, and the web isnt being much help either.

The way i see it, a flight from shanghai is approx AUD$395, one-way. I intend to go at about 14th December.

Are flights even running then? I assume that they are, but wo bu zhen de.

anyway, any advice you could give me would be hot - maybe we can catch up for a pint in urumqi (fellow aussies over christmas). Did the same on new years in zhengzhou last year, a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Laurie
Oct 12, 2005 04:01
  • JABAROOTOO
For flights
Check Travel Tip under 'General' 'Domestic trains and planes fares and schedules" on how to use chinatravelguides Flight informationa and schedules

Enjoy Xmas in the cold maybe snowing
Oct 25, 2005 22:36
  • YASENJAN6
no probelm,you can buy every thing in urumqi whatever you want,moe smal shop and malls are in urumqi,I live in urumqi for five years and I can take you to buy things that you want if u think ok ,tell youone thing I am uighur
Post a Reply to: Xinjiang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code