Menu
Summer Visit Planned
Jun 15, 2005 11:07
  • EZDONALD
We are going to Beijing to celebrate our 40th
anniversary. Never have been to China. We would
like to know what we should bring for clothes.
We understand July is hot. Is wearing shorts ok
for us and acceptable. Any other tips would be
appreaciated. The Taylors from Shreveport,La.
Jun 15, 2005 11:30
  • DEE0228
Hi!

July is steaming hot. shorts, T-shirts, sandals and any cool dresses are acceptable. and you need at least bring one long sleeves in case rainy days.

Wish you a happy anniversary!
Jun 15, 2005 11:46
  • EZDONALD
Thanks
Jun 17, 2005 09:38
  • ICERAIN
The sun is very strong in summer, so don't forget to bring your sunglasses. An umbralla is also necessary since it can block the sunshine.
Jun 17, 2005 13:38
  • EZDONALD
Thanks Icerain, we are getting very excited as
its getting close to our departure 6-29-05. Have
you any other tips or information about Beijing
that will make our vacation a great one.
Thanks The Taylors
Jun 17, 2005 16:01
  • VIVEN
Hi, EZDONALD
I am a Beijing girl, part-time tour guide. I am very honored that you choose Beijing as the destination to celebrate your anniversary.

Beijing has 8 districts, 4 inner districts, namely, Dong Cheng and Xi Cheng , Chong Wen and Xuan Wu; 4 outer districts, Hai Dian, Chao Yang, Feng Tai and Shi Jing Shan.

Dong Cheng and Xi Cheng are historically inhabited by aristocrats, higher-ups and rich people. As the old saying goes, “Dong Fu Xi Gui” which means that aristocrats live in Dong Cheng while the rich live in Xi Cheng. Nowadays, still, many national governmental bodies are located in these two districts.

Chong Wen and Xuan Wu are in the south of Beijing. In the past, poor people live there. These two districts are not such developed as Dong and Xi Cheng due to some historical reasons.

Hai Dian is famous for its large number of universities, colleges and institutes. Chao Yang is famous for its many foreign embassies in China.

Beijing also has many scenic spots, such as the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, the Summer Palace, these three are in the city. The Great Wall, the Ming Tombs, are a bit far away from downtown.

By the way, do you need hotels booking and any other service? I am very pleased if I could help. Thanks.
Jun 17, 2005 16:08
  • VIVEN
My email: tsinghua.edu.cn|viven
please feel free to contact me
Jun 17, 2005 17:24
  • EZDONALD
Thanks Viven. Appreaciate the information. We
have all of our arrangements made already.
The Taylors
Jun 18, 2005 00:36
  • YABEIJING
we're just back from beijing.it's a great place.be ready for long walks at the summer palace,great wall, tianamen square and the forbidden city- must have sandals/flatties/sports shoes .be ready with an umbrella too-it rained real heavy when we were at the tianamen- otherwise it can be bought from the street peddlars for Y10 or even Y5.other places of interest are the very old mosques of chinese architectural designs at ma dian and dong shi(partly under renovation). The famous niu ji mosque is closed for renovation.For shopping , Chowai men and Lido market are good. Other options are wang fu jiang, jiang nan silk store.For food , try the chinese muslim restaurants - you can recognise them by their green signboard and arabic calligraphy (chinese version)- the food are sumptous. Have fun and enjoy yr holidays and a happy anniversary.
Jun 18, 2005 05:18
  • EZDONALD
Thank you for the information Yabijing.
Hope our stay will be as good as yours
was. Thanks The Taylors
Jul 6, 2005 15:19
  • ICERAIN
HI,EZDONALD!

You must have been in China for a week! How's your trip in Beijing? Looking forward to hearing from you!
Have a good time!

Icerain:)
Post a Reply to: Summer Visit Planned
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code