Menu
32 days China: Itinerary
Jan 13, 2016 06:23
guestDaniel Dear all,

I’m going to travel to China for about one month for the first time! I’ll be traveling with a friend and we both have no experience in China.

We have bought both our entry flight ticket as our departing flight ticket, so we have a fixed amount of time in China. We’ll arrive in Shangai on 12 March 2016 and we’ll fly to Hanoi from Hong kong on 14 April 2016.

Seeing as we have exactly 32 days to spend in China, we’ve made an route to see as much as we can. I’m just wondering if my planning is realistic or that I’m cramming way to much stops in my itinerary.

I would love to receive feedback from the community! Any other tips or advice is welcome as well.

Day 1,2,3.A: Arrive Shanghai
<5,5 hour bullet train from Shanghai to Beijing>

Day 3.B / 6: Beijing
<6 hour night train from Beijing to Datong>

Day 7: Datong

Day 8: Wutai Mountain – Hanging temple

Day 9.A: Datong
<8 hour train from Datong to Pingyao>

Day 9.B,10: Pingyao
<10,5 hour night train from Pingyao to Luoyang>

Day 11,12.A: Luoyang
<1,5 hour bullet train from Luoyang to Xi’an>

Day 12.B,13,14.A: Xi’an
<1,5 hour flight from Xi’an to Chengdu>

Day 14.B,15, 16.A,: Chengdu
<8,5 hour bus trip from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou>

Day 16.A,/ 19.A: Jiuzhaigou
<8,5 hour bus trip from Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu>

Day 19.B: Chengdu
<2 hour flight from Chengdu to Guilin>

Day 19.C,20,21 : Guilin

Day 22: Guilin to Yangshuo boat trip

Day 23, 24.A: Yangshuo
<7,5 hour bus trip from Yangshuo to Guangzhou>

Day 24.B / 28.A: Guangzhou
<2 hour train from Guangzhou to Hong kong>

Day 28.B / 31: Hong kong

Day 32: Hong kong to Hanoi by plane
Jan 14, 2016 17:33
  • SINOS
It's doable, and your Instagram will look spectacular.

For myself I would reduce it to only 3 or 4 of those destinations and give myself some more time to take it all in, but that's personal.

For example, the Guilin to Yangshou boat-trip is a big motorised boat packed with other tourists and crappy food that races from A to B. For a better experience you take the bus to Yangshou, then the next morning before dawn you take another a bus to one of the smaller non-motorised (this is the important bit) raft operators. Now you find yourself in breath-taking environment which is very quiet, surrounded by a mystical fog and a guy that can take you to villages and restaurants that you would never even notice from the big boat.

Same river, same town, totally different experience.
Last edited by SINOS: Jan 14, 2016 17:34
Feb 16, 2016 03:40
GUESTJENNI I wouldn't bother with Guangzhou. There's nothing very spectacular there. I would give myself more time in Shanghai to do a couple of day trips to Suzhou and Hangzhou. You can get the train to Shenzhen from most major destinations in China and then walk over the border to Hong Kong. It's very easy.
Mar 31, 2016 04:43
GUESTMUHAMMA... hello dear where u got h.k visa ?
Post a Reply to: 32 days China: Itinerary
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code