Menu
Fabric Shopping
Jan 29, 2016 11:31
guest15751 Hi,

Me and my partner will be arriving in Guangzhou on the 10th Feb and staying for 5/6 days. During this time we really hoped to find some suppliers of natural fibre fabrics, Hemp especially but also bamboo, cotton, silk, blends etc. At first, we will just want sample amounts of 1-100 metres. Then we would return to the UK, discuss with others and decide which fabrics we want to place larger repeat orders of.

From what I have heard Fabric markets can be a very overwhelming experiences especially if you can't speak the language.

I was hoping for some recommendations on where these natural fibre fabrics might be found, will I need a translator? Does anyone know where I can find a trusted person to help.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 30, 2016 09:39
Hi,

Here is Jenny.

Suggest you can come to Guangzhou Fabric market at the end of February.

Feb.10th,we are just on Spring Festival holiday.Chinese big reunion. It will last half a month. The time,the markets will be closed,and people enjoy their time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST15751 View Post

Hi,<br />
<br />
Me and my partner will be arriving in Guangzhou on the 10th Feb and staying for 5/6 days. During this time we really hoped to find some suppliers of natural fibre fabrics, Hemp especially but also bamboo, cotton, silk, blends etc. At first, we will just want sample amounts of 1-100 metres. Then we would return to the UK, di...
Jan 31, 2016 21:24
  • GIONVIA
You had better change your visiting plan seeing all the wholesale markets and factories will be closed from February 7 onwards and they will only come back to work after almost one month. The ideal time for your guys to come should be either end of february or early march.The best market for your research should be Guangzhou fabrics and textiles wholesale market and Humen textiles and fabrics wholesale markets which is around one hour bus trip from Guangzhou at this stage. As the market is massive and not all the shops staffs could speak english ,better hire a translator then. Cheers and welcome to guangzhou where business blossom !
Feb 8, 2016 02:39
  • DUDU
It's essential to change your trip schedule to the end of Feb, as the fabric markets won't open till then due to the long Spring Festival holiday.
We have to say all kinds of fabrics are mixed in the market there isn't a precise zone for each kind. But don't worry, every shop dispalys well so that you could check easily. No problem sample order 1-100metres ( some shops might require a minimum 2 - 3 metres for sample order, it depends ).
Yes, better to go with an interpreter, since very few shops understand foreign languages.
Any questions, feel free to write to live.cn|maple020

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST15751 View Post

Hi,

Me and my partner will be arriving in Guangzhou on the 10th Feb and staying for 5/6 days. During this time we really hoped to find some suppliers of natural fibre fabrics, Hemp especially but also bamboo, cotton, silk, blends etc. At first, we will just want sample amounts of 1-100 metres. Then we would return to the UK, di...
Post a Reply to: Fabric Shopping
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code