Menu
[Chengdu-Leshan] Questions about Getting to Leshan from Chengdu
May 22, 2016 10:51
  • PATLI
Hello!

I'm planning a trip with my family to travel to Chengdu. One of the cities we also want to visit is Leshan so that we can see the Big Buddha statue.

I looked around and find the page that says we can get there by taking the Chengdu-Leshan-Emeishan Intercity High Speed Train from the Chengdu East Railway Station and then getting off at Leshan. My question pertains to the different class of seats and the station we get off at.

Are the First Class seats worth the higher price than the Second Class seats? I'm traveling with a family of 4 and we'd prefer to stay together or sit in 2s.

Additionally, is the stop we get off at just called "Leshan"? I just wanted to make sure so that we know where we can get off closest to the Big Buddha statue boat ride. I've found that the page on here says to get off at Leshan and then take Bus 3 to where the site starts.

Thank you for any help!
May 23, 2016 21:36
GUEST40882 Patli, as far as I know, if you take the intercity high speed train from Chengdu East Railway Station to Leshan, the ticket price for a first-class seat is CNY 65, and for a second-class seat is CNY 54. The price difference is not very big. The sesond-class seats are distrubuted as 3 + 2 in a row, while the first-class seats are arranged as 2 + 2 in a row. So if you want to sit together in 2s, it's better to book the first-class seats. However, as the ticket are sold randomly, I can't guarantee that you can certainly get the tickets with sequential numbers.

Yes, the stop you should get off is called "Leshan". After get off the train, you can take Bus 3 to get to the tourist site. Have a nice trip!
May 24, 2016 21:32
  • PATLI
Thank you for the information!
Post a Reply to: [Chengdu-Leshan] Questions about Getting to Leshan from Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code