Menu
Applying for Z Visa while away from home country
Jun 1, 2016 21:04
guest62188 I am a Canadian finishing up a teaching contract in China and have signed a contract with a new school afterwards. I currently have an M visa, and my new school requires me to apply for a Z visa. Am I able to apply for a Z visa directly in China? If so, where can this be done? It would be very troublesome to have to return to Canada to apply for the visa and then fly back to China to start work...if anyone can provide some insight for me on this situation, it would be greatly appreciated.
Jun 2, 2016 22:56
  • BJLEEO
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST62188 View Post

I am a Canadian finishing up a teaching contract in China and have signed a contract with a new school afterwards. I currently have an M visa, and my new school requires me to apply for a Z visa. Am I able to apply for a Z visa directly in China? If so, where can this be done? It would be very troublesome to have to return to Canada to apply for th...

You can go to HongKong instead to apply for a Z visa.
The school can help you apply for an employment license and a Z visa notification letter. When applying for the notification letter, put HongKong as the destination place.
After applying for a Z visa in HongKong, you can come back to China mainland to get the final Foreign Expert Certificate and 1-year residence permit.
Jun 3, 2016 00:23
GUEST62188 I believe you will have to go back to your country to do the application
Jun 6, 2016 21:23
GUESTG which city are you located? And which city is the school that hiring you located. Because it seems that in Shanghai you can change M visa into Z visa
Post a Reply to: Applying for Z Visa while away from home country
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code