Menu
X2 Visa Question: Apply for X2 visa in China
Jun 24, 2016 16:39
  • SKYDRAGON
Hi there!

I´m a European student and I´m planning for a semester abroad in China starting 24th August. I´m going to have vacations soon, so I wanted to travel there beforehand in order to firstly visit my girlfriend, who is already studying in China. We haven´t met for half a year.
Normally I have to apply for the X2 student visa. But the problem is, my Chinese University is not going to send the required paperwork before middle of July. Therefore I can`t apply for the X2 visa yet.
Is there any possibility to visit my girlfriend before the semester starts and apply for the X2 Visa there, after I received the paperwork?
I thought about applying for the Q2 Visa in my home country now and then apply for the X2 Visa there. Would it be possible and are there any other possibilities? I don`t want to return to my home country just for the visa…

Also I also read that it is possible to apply for a tourist visa in Hong Kong, although it became harder. But does it also apply for the X2?

Thank you so much,

Jun 24, 2016 20:38
GUESTJUSTIN Hello there! Considering your situation, I think you can apply for a tourist L visa to enter PRC and visit your girlfriend. After you receive the paperwork from the school, you can try to change the L visa to student X visa at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB. But I cannot tell you for sure that it can be done eventually. You can have a try!
Jun 25, 2016 03:35
  • SKYDRAGON
That´s the question. I´m not sure if it´s possible to do so in China either. I don´t have much time after my University sends me the paperwork considering the starting date. If it doesn`t work then I have got a big problem. So it would be really cool if somebody knows the current situation in China or Hong Kong.
Jul 3, 2016 11:25
GUEST33210 You won't be able to convert from another visa status to X2 while inside China, unless your school has serious clout. Probably best for you to enter China on an L tourist visa, pick up the paperwork from the school in person and exit to Hong Kong then apply for the X2 visa. This is going to take a bit more cash than you wanted. Have the school put on the paperwork that acceptable places to apply for the visa are your home country and Hong Kong.

A Q visa doesn't apply to you unless you are Chinese ethnically and have a Chinese relative inside the PRC who will write the letter of invitation.

Frankly, IMO you should just hold off seeing the girlfriend, wait for the paperwork to get to you, apply in your home country, then head to China. That would be cheapest and easiest. Chances are if you get the paperwork around July 15 and apply immediately you'll have your visa back well before August 1, then can travel and have at least 2-3 weeks to travel in China and meet up with her before settling into classes.
Jul 11, 2016 03:02
  • JADEDADA
You need to apply for X2 visa at your home country.
Jun 14, 2018 00:28
GUEST63115 can you apply x2 in china when your x1 visa finishes?
Post a Reply to: X2 Visa Question: Apply for X2 visa in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code