Menu
Trip to Urumqi
Apr 13, 2004 16:14
  • AUSSIE
I may be traveling to Urumqi in mid May 2004. Can anyone who have embark on this similar journey care to advise whether it is too tiring for a group of 3 ladies of about mid 40s and also an old lady of 75. We are following a tour that start from Chengdu, Xi'an, Dunhuang, Lanzhou, Urumqi, etc. (sequence of travel?) with 2 internal flights and 1 night train.
Appreciate advise on temperature, weather, clothing to wear around that time and so on....thank you in advance.
Regards.
Jul 17, 2004 11:42
  • DRJAYMA
hello:
Ihope you can tell me a bit about Urumqi... It is very expensive? Are there genuine antique ( not tourist ) shops? How far to Tibet?

Thanks!

Jama CLark
Jul 25, 2004 03:43
  • TOOTSIE4MA
To the 3 ladies just travel to Urumqi; My sister
and I are planning a trip to Dunghuang and Urumqi
next month, we are in our mid 60, any advice?
Jul 26, 2004 09:48
  • BILLIE
One thing to bear in mind here is the time! Although officialy run according to Beijing time, residents actually live life two hours behind Beijing. This does not however, affect train, plane and bus times, so make sure you are absolutely sure when you are supposed to leave and which time zone is being used!
Jul 26, 2004 09:53
  • DAISY
An exploration of the older streets and the Uigur area known as Erdaoqiao provides a more interesting look at the different nationalities living in the city.
Jul 26, 2004 10:05
  • DAISY
Dunhuang was also a regional cultural center of sorts. The Mogao Grottoes, also known as the Dunhuang Grottoes or the "Thousand Buddha Grottoes", is located on the western cliffs of the Singing Sands Mountains. Being one of the four most well-known grottoes, it is one of the most complete collections of Buddhist frescoes and sculpture from a period ranging over ten dynasties.
It really deserve your visit!
Post a Reply to: Trip to Urumqi
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code