Menu
living costs in changsa
Jun 22, 2005 22:32
  • KDILLON2000
Hi there , im coming to changsa in september and was wondering what the living costs are like in Changsa, I will have my appartment arranged for me but i was wondering about eating and travelling and such things.
any info greatly appreciated.
Jun 22, 2005 22:46
  • GAZ07
Personally, i found Changsa very cheap. Possibly one of the cheapest places i have stayed in China.

I paid approx 5-8 yuan for good food (noodle/rice dish). 2-3 yuan per beer in a shop. Transport via buses is very cheap. There is a strip of bars for night entertainment (should you be interested).

Although most recommended missing it out, i enjoyed my visit to Changsa (great, friendly local people) and spent very little compared to eastern China.
Jun 23, 2005 19:29
  • KDILLON2000
oh thats good, thanks for getting back to me with that. how did you find the transport around hunan province in general.
where was your favourite place
Jun 25, 2005 14:10
  • GAZ07
No problem.

I only visited Changsa and Shaoshan and enjoyed both. Unfortunately the train experiences were not comfortable as they were old trains and i was travelling by hard seat. I recommend you travel soft seat if possible.

I found the people throughout the province were intruiged by foreigners in general. Don't be suprised if you find yourself a Chinese friend wherever you go. Theres also a strong political motivation there, being Mao Zedongs home provinceand all.

I remember that bus travel around Changsha was the best way to get around. Buy a local map with bus routes.

Useless info: Street lights were switched on unusually late for some reason, and one of the main roads was under major construction.

Heh, anyway, thats my memory of my short time in Changsha =)
Post a Reply to: living costs in changsa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code